A rarely available and situated in an extremely desirable location in an elevated position measuring circa 1/4 acre STLS is this established detached bungalow with a South West facing rear aspect and offered for sale with vacant possession. We understand this property was built in 1984 by a renowned local builder for his own occupation. In brief the accommodation comprises: entrance porch, large reception hall, living room, dining room, two bedrooms, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, bathroom, separate shower room, conservatory/sun lounge, mature rear garden overlooking open fields.
Earls Colne is situated in the heart of the Colne Valley which has some of the prettiest countryside in the County with plenty of opportunities for walks and riding. The Essex Golf and Country Club, Colne Valley Golf Club and The Marks Hall Estate at Coggeshall are nearby. The property itself is a short walk to the nearby Brick Meadows a conservation area owned by the trust and open to public walking.
Earls Clone high street is an approx. 10 minute walk from the property and offers many local amenities including:- doctors surgery, post office, church, chemist, local Co-op, public houses and many more local businesses.
The market town of Halstead is situated approximately 4 miles to the West and Britain’s Oldest Recorded Town Colchester is situated approximately 9 miles away, both offering more extensive shopping facilities. There is the additional benefit of a local bus service. Locally there are two pre-schools and one Montessori nursery in the village of Earls Colne along with a primary school, the wider region boasts some highly regarded schools including Honywood Secondary School Coggeshall and Colchester Grammar Schools. There are also a number of recreational facilities and local parks to enjoy.
It is well placed for the commuter being within easy reach of Kelvedon Station and Marks Tey stations with the journey to Liverpool Street taking some 50 - 60 minutes. En-route to Kelvedon, one crosses the A120 trunk road which serves Braintree, Dunmow, Stansted Airport and the M11.
Braintree District Council
Council Tax Band E
Property ref: 121_1807_4819462
Glazed entrance door opens to entrance porch with tiled floor, double opening glazed doors to reception hall.
23' 7" x 5' (7.19m x 1.52m) D/G window to rear. Access to loft space with loft ladder, airing cupboard and hot water cylinder. Radiator.
19' 5" x 15' 2" (5.92m x 4.62m) D/G windows to front and side. Gas fire with York stone feature fireplace with slate hearth. Two radiators. D/G patio doors to:
9' 9" x 9' 4" (2.97m x 2.84m) D/G windows to rear garden, D/G French doors to rear garden. Tiling to floor.
11' 8" x 10' 8" (3.56m x 3.25m) D/G window to rear. Radiator.
13' x 11' 7" (3.96m x 3.53m) Max and reduces) D/G window to front. Built in wardrobe with lighting, shelving with sliding doors to one wall. Radiator.
10' 6" x 10' 4" (3.20m x 3.15m) D/G window to front. Built in wardrobe with lighting, shelving and sliding doors to one wall. Radiator.
11' 4" x 9' 10" (3.45m x 3.00m) D/G window to rear. A range of wooden base units with drawers and cupboards, eye level wall cabinets, stainless steel single drainer sink unit part tiled walls, fridge, split level oven, hob and extractor fan to remain, Radiator. Door to:
8' 1" x 7' 9" (2.46m x 2.36m) D/G window to side. A range of wall and floor cupboards with stainless steel single drainer sink unit, washing machine, storage cupboards, tiling to floor, space for freezer and tumble dryer. Radiator.
Half glazed door to side, windows to front, side and rear.
D/G window to side. Three piece suite, tiling to two walls. Radiator.
Separate Shower Room
D/G window to side. Tiled shower cubicle, WC, pedestal hand wash basin, tiling two walls. Radiator.
Set to the front of the property is a double garage which is approached from a drive in providing ample off street parking and turning area. Laid mainly to lawn with established hedging, flower beds, antique feature lamp and pleasant summer house store (both to remain). The property is in an elevated position and commands a superb aspect across surrounding properties to the front and open fields to the rear.
South West facing with stunning views over open farmland, laid mainly to lawn with patio area and established shrubs and bushes, greenhouse with power and water.
23' 1" x 17' (7.04m x 5.18m) Twin up and over doors and fully boarded loft space with power and lighting connected, large carpenters work bench and numerous storage cupboards (to remain), garden store to one side.
1. These particulars are prepared for the guidance only of prospective purchasers. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact.
2. The photograph(s) depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any content/furnishings/furniture, etc., photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph(s).
3. Measurements are approximate and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. We have not carried out a detailed survey, nor tested the services, appliances and fittings.
4. Where there is a reference in these particulars to the fact that alterations have been carried out or that a particular use is made of any part of the property this is not intended to be a statement, these matters must be verified by the prospective purchasers that any necessary planning or building regulations have been obtained.
5. With regard to the tenure and service charges of the property, in many instances we have to rely on information supplied to us by the vendor or main agent. Tenure and service charge details MUST therefore be verified by prospective purchasers or their solicitors prior to purchase.
6. We have referral agreements in place with third parties in which they will pay us a fee for recommending their services. They include solicitors, financial advisors, surveyors and removal companies. The fees vary between companies but should we recommend one of these companies, you will be made aware of the fee we will receive should you instruct them.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- View EER for this property See full size version online
- View EIR for this property See full size version online
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Heritage , Coggeshall
3B Manchester House, Church Street, Coggeshall, Essex, CO6 1TU
01376 808071 Local call rate