Centrally located in its own half acre plot, this beautifully refurbished single storey dwelling offers the rural idyll for the discerning buyer
Entrance Hall, Open plan Kitchen/Sitting/Dining Room, Utility Room, Master Bedroom Suite with Bathroom and Walk-in-Wardrobe, 2 further Double Bedrooms, Shower Room, Twin Garages, About Half an Acre
Franschhoek occupies a very private but not isolated setting on the rural fringe of the popular town of Westerham. It falls within the North Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and green belt.
There are some wonderful walks to be enjoyed in the area, most notably the North Downs Way, which can be accessed at the end of Viewlands Avenue just a few hundred yards from this property. There are also a number of golf courses nearby including ones in Westerham, Biggin Hill, Tatsfield and Limpsfield Chart, and a leisure centre and swimming pool in Biggin Hill.
There are amenities accessible in all directions including Westerham (3.4 miles), Biggin Hill (2.8 miles), Brasted (2.5 miles) and Knockholt (2.4 miles). Westerham itself has a lot to offer in terms of shopping and dining/meeting places. It is a scenic town, famous for some of its historic residents including Sir Winston Churchill and General James Wolf.
Knockholt station is only about 5 miles from the property with services to London Charing Cross/Cannon Street in about 40 minutes. Oxted station (about 6.5 miles) serves London Bridge/Victoria also in about 40 minutes. There are also stations in Chelsfield (5.3 miles) and Orpington (6.2 miles).
The M25 is easily accessible (Junction 4: 5.6 miles and Junction 5: 5 miles) thereby linking to the national motorway network, Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted International Airports, Bluewater shopping centre, the Channel Tunnel Terminus/Ports and Ebbsfleet International.
There are a good number of schools locally including Valence School (for physically disabled children), Charles Darwin secondary, St Olave's Grammar for Boys and Newstead Wood Grammar for Girls in Orpington, Radnor House (co-ed independent in Sundridge), Woldingham School (Roman Catholic independent for Girls) and several other options in Sevenoaks including Sevenoaks School (public school for boys).
The owners of this property took it on as a complete project about 7 years ago and have fully transformed it into a contemporary, light and well equipped home, with no expense spared on the finer details that really make it stand out.
Sitting in the centre of its half acre, well screened and fully fenced plot, the property offers a high degree of privacy and security, with multiple-aspects over its own gardens and no overlooking neighbours.
The roof has been laid with a top quality and long lasting Devon Water Reed thatch, which is not only aesthetically pleasing, but incredibly energy efficient. Do enquire further if you have any questions about this as it is no ordinary thatched roof.
- Nu-Heat water-based underfloor heating system throughout.
- Stunning, triple aspect, open plan kitchen/living/dining room with bay and bi-folding doors overlooking the gardens.
- Vaulted and high ceilings, being a particular feature of the main reception area with track lighting and feature gable window.
- Quality solid oak internal and front doors with chrome fittings.
- Double glazing throughout with diamond lattice detailing.
- Wiring for integrated sound system.
- German manufactured white gloss kitchen units with curved corners, granite worktops, island with breakfast bar, pan drawers, pull-out larder, internal carousels, integrated Neff appliances and a Zip "boiling" and chilled water tap.
- High quality, durable and low maintenance oak effect laminate flooring throughout the reception room and bedrooms. Ceramic tiling in the kitchen, bathrooms and hallways.
- 3 double bedrooms including the generous master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and luxurious en suite bathroom.
- Very well insulated house.
- Due to the central location of the house, there is always oneside of the gardens bathed in sunlight.
- Personalised entrance gates with video and remote fob entry system.
- External feature lighting around the patio, house and driveway.
- Multiple external electrical points and hose points including a warm water tap.
- Gardener's WC.
- Twin garages and off-road, gated parking to the front.
- Broad patio areas on both sides of the house, ideal for summer entertaining.
- Services: All mains services connected including gas and mains drainage. Water-based underfloor heating system.
- Local Authority: Bromley Borough Council, Bromley
- Council Tax band (2020/21): G (£2,661.40)
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
From Westerham, head North on London Road (just past the green on the right as you head west through the town). After about 0.6 of a mile, at the roundabout, continue straight over (1st exit) onto the A223 towards Biggin Hill. Proceed up Westerham Hill for about 1.5 miles before turning right into Grays Road, just past the garden centre. The property will be found after about 1.2 miles on the right-hand side.