**Guide Price £1,300,000 - £1,500,000**
Impressive former Coach House and stable block transformed in recent years into an exceptionally well-appointed and presented country house of 5,637 sq ft. Ideal as a family home or for dual occupation. Range of outbuildings including Barn, garden and pasture field - in all about 4.9 acres.
The Old Hunt Stables is an impressive former coach house and stable block, transformed into an exceptionally well-appointed and presented country house of 5,637 sq ft. The property is ideal as a very spacious family home but is currently used for dual occupation, albeit with internal access on the ground floor to each wing.
The elevations are brick, part tile hung and weatherboarded, beneath a tiled roof and there is a Calor gas-fired central heating system with two boilers, one for each wing of the house.
The present owner purchased the property in 2014 and since that date has undertaken a total refurbishment programme, regardless of cost. There is a new tiled roof, sealed unit double glazed windows throughout, with oak and tiled floors throughout. The property has been rewired, replumbed with new central heating systems, the interior has been re-plastered, a new Klargester drainage system installed, fly screens added to some windows and doors, and new kitchens and bathrooms fitted to a very high standard.
The main features include:
• Handsome, covered tiled entrance porch with double doors to an excellent kitchen/dining room/family room with bespoke units by Mounts Hill Woodcraft of Cranbrook, comprising large glazed sink, Miele oven with three induction hobs and a Powerflex cooking zone with twin booster, extractor hood, composite work surfaces with large inset butlers sink and cupboards beneath, space for American-style fridge freezer, fitted storage cupboard to full height, and wood burner. There is a single door leading to the driveway.
• The impressive drawing room 35’6 x 26’2 has a wide brick inglenook style fireplace, oak floor and oak staircase to the first floor.
• There is an office/bedroom 4, having fitted bookshelves and a cupboard housing the central heating boiler, adjacent shower room with basin, WC and separate shower cubicle. The utility room has plumbing for white goods.
• The first floor has a spacious full length landing with fitted storage. The principal bedroom has a range of fitted cupboards, vaulted ceiling and excellent en suite bathroom with standalone bath, basin and WC. There are two further bedrooms, both with en suite shower rooms.
• Front door to reception hall with built-in coat cupboard and further cupboard beneath the oak staircase. Cloak/shower room with basin, WC and separate shower area. Inner hall with fitted cupboard to half height and shelf above.
• The excellent sitting room/dining room/kitchen has a stone fireplace with woodburner, double doors to the terrace. The kitchen units are by Mounts Hill Woodcraft of Cranbrook and there is a large glazed sink, composite work surfaces, cupboards and drawers beneath and Everhot electric range cooker with three induction hobs and separate hotplate, in a recess.
• There are two bedrooms, one of which is currently used as a study, and a well-appointed utility room with glazed sink, wooden work surfaces, plumbing for white goods, cupboard housing the central heating boiler with Joule hot water system. Door to the garden.
• The first floor has an oak staircase to a full length landing. There are two good-sized bedrooms and an excellent bathroom with bath, basin, WC, wet room area and linen cupboards.
The extensive range of recently constructed outbuildings comprises office/gymnasium incorporating a sauna; log store; two machinery stores; and workshop. There is a separate workshop. Farm Plus barn with three double bays and accommodating six cars, with three sets of electrically operated doors. Lean-to store shed. Large concrete base suitable for a four bay cart lodge garaging or similar, subject to consents.
Planning Consent RR/2018/2593/P has been granted to create a new driveway.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
These, in common with the house, have been extensively landscaped for ease of maintenance with a formal paved and gravelled area adjacent to the house, fence and hedge enclosed and ideal for entertaining, together with other borders having a number of shrubs, lawn, and a plentiful amount of parking.
In addition, there is a large pasture field, ideal for those with equestrian interests, with an area of lightwoodland beyond.
In all about 4.9 acres.