Beautiful detached Grade 11 listed cottage with large garden and parking situated in pretty and quiet village location
Summary of Features
* Pretty detached black and white extended Grade II Listed cottage (1,235 sq ft) * 2 - 3 reception rooms, fitted kitchen and family bathroom * 2 - 3 good-sized double bedrooms and further shower room * Large garden with raised veg beds, garden sheds and greenhouse * Private gravelled parking area for up to 4 vehicles
* Mileages: Ledbury 6 miles, Hereford 11 miles, Ross-on-Wye 12½, Malvern 13½ miles, Worcester 22 miles, Cheltenham 27 miles, Birmingham 59 miles * Road: M50 (Jct 2) 10 miles, M5 (Jct 8) 20 miles * Railway: Ledbury, Hereford & Malvern * Airport: Birmingham (65 miles) & Bristol (64 miles)
The property is situated with the quiet village of Putley which is located within the beautiful Herefordshire countryside. Putley and the neighbouring villages form part of the “Woolhope Dome”, which preserves and enhances the high value landscape of this area. Renowned for its beautiful unspoilt appeal, this countryside is characterised by productive orchards, traditional farms and Marcle Ridge. This area offers a sought-after rural idyll combined with good communication links to the rest of the country, there are frequent direct trains to Birmingham and London from Ledbury.
* Homestead is an extremely appealing detached cottage dating back to c.1640, which has been sympathetically modernised and remains unspoilt; retaining a great deal of its original charm and character. * The property benefits from a very versatile layout on the ground floor, with rooms offering a variety of uses including a 3rd bedroom, snug, study, family/dining room and large light sitting room. • A galley-style, bespoke country kitchen with integrated cooker and dishwasher offers plenty of storage and space for white goods, with a useful rear hall/utility/boot room leading out to the garden and also through to the family bathroom. * The sitting room with raised wooden floor and wood burner is a lovely and light room, and is situated in the extended part of the property. The clever use of French doors and window lights allows light to wash into this super room. * There are two further reception rooms, one currently used as a study with an original inglenook fireplace (truncated)
* Large rear enclosed garden with lawns and flowering borders offers further scope for keen gardeners. * Attractive covered pergola with seating/entertaining area, outdoor kitchen and BBQ, perfect for seasonal dining. * Raised veg beds provide a great opportunity to “grow your own”. There is also a greenhouse and garden sheds which offer space for storage. * There is a fenced area/mini paddock at the bottom of the garden which would be perfect for chickens or small livestock, an exercise area for dogs, etc., or could be easily incorporated back into the main garden. * A tidy and enclosed gravelled parking area lies to the front of the property with gated access to the rear garden.
Mains electricity and mains water. Private drainage (septic tank). Oil fired central heating.
Superfast fibre to the property.
Band “D” (£1,902.39; 2019/20).
Herefordshire Council: .
This property is Grade II Listed.
Exempt (Listed property).
* Primary: Ashperton, Much Marcle, Ledbury * Secondary: Ledbury. Further information is available Independent: Colwall, Malvern, Hereford, Worcester & Cheltenham all have some excellent independent schools. Further information is available at:
Putley has a buoyant community with a Church and Parish Hall; there is also a regular, monthly “pop up” pub in the village hall. The charming market town of Ledbury is only a short drive away and provides a comprehensive range of domestic shopping and leisure facilities as well as two doctors’ surgeries, cottage hospital, Market Theatre and railway station. Culturally, Ledbury is also host to the well-renowned annual Poetry Festival. More extensive retail and cultural opportunities are available at Malvern, Hereford, Worcester and Cheltenham.
The area offers a wealth of sporting activities, with many fine walks and rides on Marcle Ridge. The Malvern Hills and Wye Valley are renowned for their great natural beauty and accessibility. The Three Counties Showground hosts a wide variety of year round events from national gardens shows, concerts & antique fairs to agricultural & equestrian events. Alexander Park leisure resort is less than 2 miles away and provides an 18-hole golf course, floodlit driving range, gym and spa.
The property was modernised and extended in 2010.
q - From Ledbury; Head out of the town on the A449 heading towards Much Marcle and Ross-On-Wye. After just over 2 miles and at the Preston Cross roundabout, turn right (3rd exit) onto the A4172 signposted to Leominster, Trumpet and Pixley. Stay on this road, passing the Newbridge Farm Park and after a short distance take the next left hand turning signposted to Aylton and Putley. Continue on this lane (staying left at the green triangle junction) and continue to the end of the lane. At the junction turn Right and head into the village and at the next green triangle junction with the village hall in front of you, follow the lane to the right where the property will be found on the right after a short distance.
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.