An extremely attractive smallholding with immense potential; enjoying an ideal location. In all 7.45 Acres
SUMMARY OF FEATURES
* Charming period farm house (1,706 ft²) * 3 double bedrooms, bathroom * Kitchen/breakfast room, 2 reception rooms, conservatory * Mature gardens, garage, ample parking & hard standing * Granary, versatile agricultural barns & former broiler houses * 7 acres of pastureland; excellent outriding close by (0.7 Miles) * Edge of village setting combined with excellent communication links M50/M5
* Mileages: * Ross-on-Wye & Newent 5 miles, Ledbury 8 miles, Malvern 15 miles, Gloucester 15½ miles, Monmouth 16 miles, Hereford 17 miles, Cheltenham 24 miles, Bristol 52 miles, Birmingham 55 miles * Road Links : M50 (Jct 3) 2½ miles * Railway Stations: Ledbury, Gloucester (London Paddington under 120 minutes)
Brick House Farm occupies an ideal location; situated off a country lane on the edge of the rural village of Kempley; in an area of lovely unspoilt countryside between Ross-on-Wye and Ledbury. This part of Gloucestershire lies close to the Herefordshire border and is characterised by traditional farms and wooded Hills. The area offers a sought after, rural quality of life combined with excellent road links to the rest of the country.
Brick House Farm
* Brick House Farm is a charming unspoilt traditional smallholding; offering the desirable combination of an attractive detached period house framed by mature gardens and complemented by a range of undeveloped and versatile farm buildings; all in a ring fence of 7¾ acres. * Brick House Farm dates from the mid-1800s and is of mainly brick construction; with later additions. The property has been sympathetically updated and maintained to provide a practical home and offers great scope for further extensions if required (subject to the necessary consents). * The accommodation extends to 1706 ft²; including a spacious open plan kitchen breakfast room; the kitchen has fitted units, incorporating an electric cooker and there is an oil fired Aga in the breakfast room. Connecting off the breakfast room is also a large double glazed conservatory. * There are 2 double aspect reception rooms; the sitting room has a fireplace and wood burning stove and the second reception room (truncated)
* The formal garden extends to the front, and side of the house and is mainly laid to lawn. Further lawn extends around the buildings. The property also benefits from a single garage adjoined to the house and useful hardstanding yard areas and natural pond. * There are extensive and versatile farm buildings; which offer huge scope for a number of uses.
* Versatile Agricultural Dutch barn with lean-tos, incorporating tractor shed and 3 stables. Total enclosed area (4,120 ft²) * Brick built Granary with 2 pig cotes under * 2 former broiler houses, (circa 4,300ft² & another of circa 530ft²) * 2 Pole barns/implement storage sheds (circa 1,225ft² & 340ft²)
* 7 acres of pastureland & orchard, divided into 2 stock proof paddocks with water troughs.
* Mains electricity & water. Private drainage, oil fired central heating, wood burning stove. * Broadband: Available and connected.
* Forest of Dean District Council: * Council Tax: Band “D” - £1,762.14 2019/20
The property is NOT listed
* Primary: Gorsley, Much Marcle and Dymock. * Secondary: Newent, Ledbury, Ross-on-Wye * Independent schools within easy reach include Hereford Cathedral, Monmouth Haberdashers schools for boys and girls, Malvern College and Malvern Girls. Prep schools at Colwall. More information is available on for independent schools and for state schools.
The nearby villages of Dymock and Much Marcle (both approx. 2½ miles) having thriving communities and many village amenities. The market towns of Ross-on-Wye, Newent and Ledbury provide a broad range of shops and services including a railway and cottage hospital at Ledbury. Larger towns and cities within easy reach include Gloucester, Monmouth, Hereford, and Cheltenham. Communications are excellent with the M50 (Jct3) close by providing fast access to the West Midlands, South Wales and the national motorway network.
This area offers a wealth of sporting and recreational facilities, particularly in the Wye Valley where there are many fine walks, fishing and water sporting opportunities. The Forest of Dean, Malvern Hills and Black Mountains are also easily accessible. There are some excellent golf courses nearby including South Herefordshire Golf Club and The Rolls of Monmouth. A variety of sports clubs can be found locally at Ross including football, cricket, hockey and rowing clubs, together with a leisure centre. There is a Ski and snowboard centre at Gloucester.
There is "off road" riding in the area with quick access onto numerous bridle paths and tracks including Dymock Woods which is just 0.7 miles away (subject to a permit). The region enjoys good equestrian links; which include: Hartpury College 12½ miles (host to a variety of national and international events), Three Counties Showground 15 miles, Summer House Equestrian Centre 19 miles & Cheltenham Racecourse 24 miles.
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents has not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
* From M50, heading West, come off at Junction 3 signposted to Newent and continue left passing back over the M50 and then take the first right signposted to Kempley, Dymock and Ross-On-Wye Golf Club. * If coming off the M50 heading East, come off at junction 3 toward Newent and at the T junction turn left and then right towards Kempley. Stay on this lane for 2 miles where the property will be found on the right hand side just before entering the village. * From Ledbury, Head out of town on the A449 towards Ross-on-Wye and stay on the road until reaching Much Marcle. Turn left in Much Marcle and proceed past the school and the turning to the church on your right and take the next right signposted to Kempley. Follow this lane to the T junction at the end and then turn right and head up the hill, follow the road as it bends to the left at the top and the property will be found a little further along on the left hand side.
By prior appointment only via Grant & Co Estate Agents on