Grade II Listed detached thatched village home with delightful mature gardens and paddock.
Nutcrackers is a charming extended and renovated period family home set back from the road in this attractive village close to the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire borders.
Of rendered elevations beneath a thatched roof, the property was extended to create a new hall, study/snug and kitchen on the ground floor and master bedroom suite above.
Grade II Listed as being of historical and architectural interest, the period features include exposed timbers, an Inglenook fireplace together with an impressive double chimney.
The hall, with stairs to the first floor, leads directly to the charming double aspect study/snug to the right and an adjacent cloakroom and there is a second door into the garden. To the left steps lead to the original part of the property with an impressive drawing room with exposed studwork and an Inglenook fireplace with brick hearth; the dining room another double aspect room with a wood burning stove. Beyond is the family kitchen/breakfast room with space for a dining table, it is fitted with a range of cupboards and drawers and fitted appliances including an electric hob, extractor, and fitted dishwasher. The adjacent garden room and rear hall & utility at the far end of the drawing room complete the ground floor accommodation.
On the first floor there are five bedrooms, the master having an en suite bathroom, and a family bathroom. Four of the bedrooms have fitted wardrobes.
There is a sweeping gravel drive from Turnpike Hill with parking area and two garages. Beyond these are a range of outbuildings including a former stable and office/studio with cloaks facilities.
The mature gardens and grounds are delightful with lawns and rose beds, mature trees and shrubs, flower beds and climbers. Post and rail fencing divide the garden from the adjacent paddock.
In all about 1.39 acres.
• Prominent position in attractive village on Cambridgeshire/Suffolk border.
• Conservation Area tucked away yet in the heart of the village.
• Variety of shopping and recreational facilities at nearby Haverhill 1.8 miles, Linton 6.5 miles, market town of Saffron Walden 12 miles and Cambridge city centre 16.3 miles.
• Selection of local primary schooling in the area. Choice of Independent secondary schooling in Cambridge.
• Railway stations to London Liverpool St and Cambridge at Whittlesford (13.2 miles) and Audley End (14.5 miles) with M11 access junction 9 at Stump Cross (14.4 miles).
(all distances and times are approximate).
Square Footage: 3,254 sq ft
Acreage: 1.39 Acres