Pitts Mead is a substantial five bedroomed period property with the original part at the back dating c.1650 and the early Victorian front section added in 1850. The rooms are light, elegant and well-proportioned with flexible living accommodation arranged over three floors.
The inner porch, with original doors, leads to a long, tiled entrance hall. Both the dining room and drawing room have original working fireplaces, large sash windows with rising shutters and elm board floors. The kitchen/ breakfast room, originally two separate rooms, has a large inglenook fireplace with a newly fitted wood burner and doors out to the terrace and garden. The kitchen units are newly fitted with marble work surfaces and ESSE gas range cooker. There is a utility room with fitted cupboards and downstairs cloakroom. A second sitting room, with vaulted ceilings and wood burner leads off the kitchen and provides excellent entertaining space with French windows leading out to the terrace.
A back staircase leads from the kitchen to the master bedroom, which is triple aspect and being in the oldest part of the house, has an exposed vaulted beamed ceiling and benefits from views over Old Sarum. There is also a good sized dressing room or nursery leading from the master bedroom and a bathroom with free-standing bath, twin sink units and separate shower unit and has views over the rear garden. By the main staircase on the ground floor is a panelled study with doors out to the garden and a boot/coat room area with fitted cupboards.
The first floor comprises a guest bedroom which could be used as a study and further along the landing are two light and elegant double bedrooms with a family sized bathroom in-between boasting a large tiled walk-in shower and fitted cupboards. Stairs from the first floor landing lead to the second floor and to the fifth bedroom which has exposed beams, wooden flooring and fitted storage cupboards. Opposite is a bathroom with a bath and a range of fitted storage cupboards, housing the tumble dryer.
Stratford Sub Castle is situated in the sought-after Woodford Valley. It has a thriving village community with the village hall providing many social events and there is also a village primary
school. The location benefits from being within minutes of Salisbury city centre and Old Sarum on the doorstep with plenty of good walks, riding and cycling routes. There are a number of good state and independent schools in the area - Chafyn Grove, Salisbury Cathedral School, Godolphin, Bishops Grammar School (Boys) and South Wilts Grammar (Girls).
The house is situated in the heart of the village with peaceful views over the fields opposite. There is a gravel drive with parking for several cars and good sized log store. The house is approached through a wrought-iron gate and down a path through a front lawn. There is a rear terrace and a particularly lovely and tranquil walled garden laid to lawn with established beds and rose bushes along the wall. It has south westerly aspects and views over the water meadows. At the bottom of the garden is a charming tucked-away corner patio ideal for entertaining, table tennis or some solitude.