Please Quote Reference B05791
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Newhaven Gun Club, established by our client 2 years ago and now being offered for sale due to the commitments of his other business interests.
The 5-star rated business is proud to be one of the friendliest and most exciting gun clubs in the country with a very local customer base already established. The relaxed atmosphere welcomes both the experienced and the casual enthusiast.
They offer 4 lanes; all can be used for air gun users and airsoft shooters and one dedicated for .22 live fire.
Key selling points include -
- Friendly atmosphere which includes single one-off visits to monthly access passes.
- 1-2-1 tutorials for both beginner and the advanced shooter.
- Unrivalled choice of guns to hire or purchase (guns can be ordered with next day delivery if required), knives, pellets and accessories.
- Group bookings - birthdays, stag parties, corporate events, team building sessions can be catered for up to 14 people with 8 x shooters able to shoot at any one time.
- Under 18âs can be accommodated in groups of 5 with guardianship of at least 1 adult over the age of 21.
- Excellent website and updated Facebook page.
- Licence in place and transferable.
- Gift cards.
- Police approved armoury.
- Very low rent and 0 business rates.
- Refreshments corner.
- Free parking.
- Secure unit with excellent CCTV, alarm system in place.
Members club (just Â£99 for the full year) membership benefits include -
- Free use of all club guns.
- Free use of our premium guns.
- Free entry to some competitions.
- Discounted hourly range rates.
- Preferential range booking.
- Club events & excursions.
- Competitions and member prizes and cup!
- Unlimited free pcp bottle refills.
- Use of facilities out of regular hours.
- Key fob/key to use facilities.
- Free air refills.
** Currently there are 60 members, all paying in full for membership at the beginning of each year and increasing.
In addition to the primary gun focus, our client recently introduced a Fishing tackle business which is proving to be very successful. The nearby Newhaven Angling Shop recently closed due to retirement and as a result many customers have been looking for a new nearby shop to cater for their sea fishing needs and supply.
Our client recently introduced -
- Sea Baits & Tackle.
- Fishing rods, reels, hooks, nets & weights.
The first month of 2020 has proven extremely successful with sales up over 100%, the addition of the fishing tackle business will not only increase footfall levels, but recent figures show this could easily increase the combined turnover by a further 50%!
The business is being priced to sell and we would strongly recommend early viewing to avoid disappointment.
Newhaven Gun Club occupies a highly prominent trading position at Newhaven channel ferry port in East Sussex.
The unit is well positioned on Fort Road facing Newhaven Football Club and adjacent to a popular snack bar as well as the main area for boat storage.
Newhaven is undergoing considerable redevelopment including exciting improvements to the ferry port itself which offers regular passenger journeys across the channel to Dieppe.
Fort Road leads directly from the Town Centre through a traditional area of residential housing and selection of Guest Houses. Newhaven is also attracting new people looking to move from nearby Brighton.
There is plentiful free customer parking on site as well on Fort Road itself.
Nearest mainline station is Newhaven Harbour.
- Customer parking area.
- Main shop - includes - 8 x CCTV cameras.
- 3 x walls of display area include a glass cabinet for smaller guns and accessories.
- Service counter with card machine and till, under counter storage.
- Fishing tackle area with 2 x display freezers, wall mounted rod display units.
- Secure armoury.
We are advised the business is being offered on a rolling yearly lease agreement paying just Â£3,600 per year. Business rates are 0 in the current year.
Monday - closed (open to members only)
Tuesday - closed (open to members only)
Wednesday - Friday - 9am to 5.30 pm
Saturday & Sunday - 9am to 9pm
The business is run and managed by our client only.
Over the last 12 months the business has generated a turnover in the region of Â£37,000 with an adjusted profit of around Â£20,000. The forthcoming year should see an increase of 50% in the precious yearâs sales levels. For further information quote reference B05791. View more View less