Please Quote Reference B05899
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market a highly respected atol protected independent tour operator originally established in 2002. The business comes with 2 x elements covering both UK and national holidays.
The opportunity to purchase now has arisen due to our clients wish to now retire.
Great Little Escapes established in 2002, predominantly offering tailor made holiday packages to Tunisia and Tuscany and Group Bridge Holidays to a variety of destinations including Majorca, Tenerife, Tuscany and Croatia.
This side of the business accounts for 60% of the combined revenue with the average cost of a single holiday per person equating to between Â£900 and Â£1500.
Key attributes of this part of the business include -
- 10,000 + registered clients on the database
- 7% of new bookings via travel agent referrals
- Active Website & Facebook page
- 3 x established trading banners â Tunisia First, Tuscan Secrets & Oman First
- Excellent relationships with Tunisian transport operators.
- Registration Domain names included
- Bespoke Holidays â choice of luxury hotels, villaâs & apartments in16 locations with historical tours, magical desert locations. Other activities include â Golf, Tennis, Bridge, Sailing, Snorkelling, Diving or Windsurfing as well as wellness treatments. No holiday is complete without going on a desert safari with a choice of 2-4-day durations available.
- Further opportunity to increase turnover by adding more holidays o both Majorca and Oman.
Just Days Out established in 2015, created to cater for the increasing demand of retired clients looking for days out within the UK.
This side of the business accounts for 40% of the combined revenue with excursions booked throughout the year.
Key attributes of this part of the business include â
- 5,000 registered clients
- Active Website & Facebook page
- Many loyal & regular clients living within 40 miles radius
- Complete packages to include travel, tours & food
- Blue â Red joining routes â with trips to Weymouth, Concorde at Aerospace in Bristol, National Trust Tyntesfield, Isle of Wight, Guernsey, Midsomer Murders locations, Pashley Manor, Scotney Castle, The Royal Mint Experience & Cardiff Markets, Halloween lunch aboard Columbus.
- Gift vouchers for family/family presents
- Increased demand for UK day trips & holidays
Our client admits the success of the repeat customers means little new advertising and social media pushed marketing is carried out.
Any new operator would benefit from both increasing the current locations visited as well increase the relationships with other smaller travel agents located across the country.
The atol licence has been renewed covering October 2020 to October 2021.
We are advised a full business handover will be offered to ensure the smooth transfer.
Any current travel operators looking to expand or relocate would be advised to make an early enquiry on this successful opportunity.
The business has been priced realistically to gain an early sale.
Great Little Escapes & Just Days Out is currently run from a fully serviced office suite in the centre of Sandhurst in Berkshire.
The office is conveniently positioned next to the Royal Military Academy which Sandhurst is predominantly known for and the centre of the Towns shopping and leisure facilities.
The office operates both as a local and national tour operator with many retired clients looking for UK days outings with most living within a 40 miles radius of the office. The Great Little Escapes side of the business is mainly driven by repeated business and travel agents who are located across the country.
Sandhurst is located within the south eastern corner of the ceremonial Royal County of Berkshire, within the Borough of Bracknell Forest. Situated 32 miles west-southwest of London 5 miles south of Bracknell.
Yorktown Road leads directly onto Marshall road which connects to the M3 motorway approx. 5 mins drive from the office.
The office sits in between 2 mainline train stations â Sandhurst and Blackwater.
There are staff parking facilities on site.
First Floor â 2 x linked office suites
Office 1 â 4 x desk stations, storage filing cabinets, printing station
Office 2 â 2 x desk stations, soft blue seating, filing cabinets & storage
Please note â our client recently added 6 x new computers (with Windows 10) and a laser printer
We are advised the business is being offered as a Leasehold with 3 years remaining on a renewable 6-year lease term paying Â£10,572 per year (this includes the service charge).
The business benefits from full small business relief paying 0 rates in the current year.
Office Hours â
Monday to Friday - 9am â 5pm
The business is run and manged by client with the help of 1 x full time, 2 x part time and marketing advisor who works an average of 90-120 hours per month.
As of the 2019 accounts the business generated a Turnover of Â£766,551, Gross Profit of Â£171,718 and an Adjusted Net Profit of approx. Â£37,000.
Please Quote Reference B05899 View more View less