- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- Unique three bedroom detached home
- A 15th Century period Tudor property
- Well-preserved original character features
- Open plan kitchen/dining room
- 20ft lounge
- Downstairs shower room and separate utility room
- Refitted kitchen and family bathroom
- Generous garden and double garage
- Rural surroundings
- Within reach of Warnborough and Ash Stations
Description *Please visit our website to see our current guidelines on Covid 19.*
The Property This three bedroom, detached Tudor home is believed to date back to circa 1520. Its wealth of original features and period charm bring individuality to this character home, including; exposed beams, original fireplaces, lead panelled windows, vaulted ceilings and an original smoke chamber. This period property has been enhanced with an extension and numerous cosmetic improvements. There is circa 1792sqft of living space, with the ground floor encompassing an open plan kitchen/living/dining room offering over 29ft of living space, forming the hub of the home with bespoke oak units, granite surfaces and a range of integrated appliances, whilst the 20ft drawing room features an Inglenook fireplace and French doors. The utility and downstairs shower room are both situated off an inner hall, giving direct access to the rear garden. A choice of two staircases lead to the first floor, one leading to the family bathroom, the master and third bedroom, the second to the second bedroom. Having benefited from complete modernisation, the family bathroom features a modern white four piece suite, with a claw foot bath and a separate glass enclosed shower cubicle.
The Grounds This detached period property is set within a generous plot with a double garage and parking available directly to the front. The extensive rear garden, which is private and enclosed by mature plants, sweeps around the side of the property.
Location Situated in the extreme west of Surrey, within a short distance of the Hampshire border, the parish of Normandy includes Wyke, Christmas Pie, Willey Green, Pinewood and Flexford. This district still remains largely rural in character with agriculture and its associated undertakings as the principal local industry. Normandy with its rural setting has many footpaths, bridleways and other small roads suitable for horse riding, cycling and walking. Normandy is also perfectly placed for the commuter with two mainline stations nearby and road links to Guildford and the A3, M25, M3 and M4. Guildford, Worplesdon and Woking mainline stations also offer a commute into London of just 35 minutes.
Agents Note The vendor has advised us that the kitchen and bathroom were refitted in 2010 and the entire first floor was re-wired in 2008/9. All doors throughout the property are bespoke French oak and were replaced in 2009. The roof was completely renovated in 2008, with new insulation and timber treatment to meet modern property requirements. The completely retiled roof was replaced with new hand-made tiles, which complemented the original tiling to retain the character of the home. All external timbers and brickwork were treated and repainted in 2014.
Recent Trustpilot Review Fantastic communication and support from all the team. I was constantly kept informed and they were the only agents that proactively chased clients to view my property. Thank you all for your hard work.
Energy Efficiency Rating Current: E I Potential: B View more View less
- £600,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Guildford, Surrey GU2
- £594,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Montague Place, Keens Lane, Guildford, Surrey GU3
- £590,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Park View Close, Guildford GU2
- £580,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale The Street, Puttenham, Guildford, Surrey GU3
- £600,000 3 bed detached house for sale Mariners Drive, Guildford Road, Normandy, Guildford GU3
- £600,000 3 bed detached house for sale West Flexford Lane, Wanborough, Guildford GU3
- £579,950 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Park View Close, Guildford GU2
- £575,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Nightingale Road, Ash, Surrey GU12
- £575,000 3 bed end terrace house for sale Montague Place, Keens Lane, Guildford, Surrey GU3