- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Four Double Bedrooms (Two Bathrooms)
- Peace, Privacy & Seclusion but in a Convenient Location
- Two Acre Paddock with Stables
- Over Two Acres of 'Freehold Common' Bluebell Woodland
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Dining Room, Lounge & Study
- Long Driveway, Ample Parking & Garaging
- Potential to Extend or Convert Outbuildings
- May Require Some Redecorating
- Trains to London from Haywards Heath (approx. 45 minutes)
- A Good Selection of Private and States Schools Nearby
Description We are pleased to offer to the market for the first time in over twenty years 'The Oaks'.
As the name would suggest this house is set in a secluded wooded glade protected from the road by two and a half acres of freehold common land. You approach the house via a long driveway which serves just two other houses; the first impression is leaving behind the hustle and bustle and entering an oasis of calm and tranquillity. On reaching the house you will find ample parking areas including the garage which benefits from lighting and power. It is at this point you catch your first glimpse of the house; the front garden is mainly laid to lawn but with mature and flourishing rhododendrons in addition to a variety of mature shrubs and trees.
The house itself is extremely well proportioned; the front door opens into a very large entrance hallway which is as big as any of the rooms ahead. Immediately to the right you will find the kitchen/breakfast room which has recently been refitted and features a range of wall and base units plus built in appliances such as a double oven and microwave, 'Neff' Induction Hob and a dishwasher. To the side there is a utility/boot room which offers side access and has proved very useful in reaching the paddocks to the rear. At the rear of the property you will find the formal lounge and dining room, both of which benefit from patio doors leading out to the rear terrace and garden beyond. The lounge benefits from dual aspects and a fireplace whilst the dining room can accommodate a table and chairs for ten. For those who work from home there is a further front room on the ground floor which has been utilised as a home office/study, however could become a playroom/snug or even a downstairs bedroom should your needs require. The ground floor also boasts a shower room with wash hand basin and wc.
To the first floor, similarly to the entrance hall, you will find a substantial landing which is a room in itself; it also offers access to the balcony which overlooks the front garden. Here you will find four double bedrooms all very good sizes, two overlooking the rear garden and two at the front. The family bathroom is a complete suite and benefits from a bath with shower over, wash hand basin and wc.
Externally as already mentioned at the front of the property is the free hold common land which in the spring bursts into colour with bluebells. To the rear you have quite a long back garden which is mainly laid to lawn and interspersed with mature trees and shrubs. Privacy is guaranteed with a very mature hedgerow to the side boundary and as you wend your way to the far end you will pass by a small apple tree, a brick built shed and barbeque area before reaching the orchard. Additionally a productive grapevine can be found on the side of the house.
Adjacent to the garden is the paddock which is approximately two acres in size. There is a small stable block plus old garage and workshop with a wood store in between, which may require some attention but offers the potential for keeping horses or other animals; or if one was so bold the opportunity to create some ancillary accommodation to the main house. View more View less
- £860,000 4 bed detached house for sale Old Forge Lane, Horney Common, Uckfield TN22
- £880,000 4 bed detached house for sale The Drive, Maresfield Park, Maresfield, Uckfield TN22
- £895,000 5 bed terraced house for sale Beechlands, Cornwells Bank, Nr Newick, East Sussex BN8
- £900,000 5 bed semi-detached house for sale Batts Bridge Road, Maresfield, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22
- £915,000 4 bed detached house for sale Back Lane, Fairwarp, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22
- £915,000 4 bed detached house for sale Back Lane, Fairwarp, East Sussex TN22
- £825,000 5 bed detached house for sale New Town, Uckfield, East Sussex TN22
- £750,000 4 bed detached house for sale The Glade, Uckfield TN22
- £750,000 5 bed detached house for sale The Glade, Uckfield TN22