- 3 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- Master Bedroom with En-Suite
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3/Study
- Drawing Room with Balcony
- Dining Room
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Double Garage
- Share of Freehold
Description Balcony House forms part of an impressive Grade II Listed Georgian country house that was divided in the late 1980's. The property offers elegant well proportioned and light accommodation with classical features including multi pane sash and arch windows, dado rails, decorative coving and architraves, tongue and groove wall paneling, decorative radiator covers and bespoke fitted wardrobes and cupboards . The property benefits from it's own balcony, verandah and double garage and the estate is set within wonderful grounds.
The Grange is situated in a private and very secluded location within the village of Knockholt which is in the Greenbelt and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Within the village there are public houses, a church, C of E primary school, a recreation ground and Coolings Garden Centre. The village is surrounded by open countryside ideal for ramblers and horse riding.
Comprehensive shopping facilities at Orpington, Bromley, Bluewater and Sevenoaks. Mainline stations at Knockholt, Chelsfield and Sevenoaks all offering services to London Bridge/Charing Cross/Cannon Street. There are may state and private schools in the surrounding area for all ages. Leisure facilities include golf courses at Knole Park, Wilderness, the London Club, Chelsfield Lakes, Lullingstone Park and High Elms with other sports clubs in the area.
Access to the M25 at junction 4 providing links to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, London and the suburbs and the Channel Tunnel Terminus.
Entrance via the verandah to the
With arch to staircase hall with steps down to
With WC and hand basin.
Fitted with a comprehensive range of base and wall units, granite work surfaces incorporating a one and a half bowl Franke sink with insinkerator and water filter tap. Integral appliances include De Dietrich oven and grill, hob with extractor fan over. Fridge/freezer, dishwasher and free standing washing machine.
Approached by staircase to
With three quarter height arch window allowing for natural light to flood through.
An elegant room with direct access to the balcony which has a paved surface, iron balustrades and a wonderful outlook over the grounds. Within the drawing room there is a fireplace with decorative surround and fitted gas fire, to one side is a cupboard with glazed display cabinet over. Fitted window seat and radiator in decorative cabinet surround.
With fitted wardrobe and desk.
With enclosed bath with shower over, WC and vanity unit with granite work top.
With range of wardrobe cupboards to one wall incorporating access to the
En-Suite Shower Room
With shower cubicle, WC and vanity basin.
Balcony House is approached through electrically operated wrought iron gates, opening onto a sweeping tree-lined driveway that leads to a visitor's parking area. The drive continues past the house and onto the rear where there is a courtyard with garage buildings and additional parking. Balcony House has a double garage with electric up and over door, light and power.
The Communal Garden And Grounds
Form a magnificent setting for the house and include a gravel path surrounding a circular lawn with two square flower beds and an impressive central stone water feature and fountain. The remaining garden is laid to lawn with established deciduous and evergreen tress to the perimeter providing a high level of privacy and seclusion. Balcony House also benefits from an additional adjoining strip of woodland.
1. The property is held under the terms of a 125 year lease from the 1st January 1988.
2. The freehold is vested in The Grange (Knockholt) Management Company Ltd. Of which all occupiers are share holders.
3. Estate charges cover gardening, window cleaning, electricity to common areas including the gate and buildings insurance . A copy of the profit and loss statements for the periods 6th April 2017 to the 5th April 2018 and the 6th April 2018 to the 5th April 2019 are available on request.
5. Council Tax Band 'F' - Sevenoaks District Council Tel: View more View less
- £695,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Glentrammon Road, Orpington BR6
- £695,000 3 bed end terrace house for sale Chipstead Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13
- £725,000 3 bed cottage for sale The Summer House, High Street, Brasted, Westerham, Kent TN16
- £695,000 4 bed detached house for sale Stanhope Way, Riverhead TN13
- £695,000 4 bed detached house for sale The Coopers, Rye Lane, Dunton Green, Sevenoaks TN14
- £650,000 3 bed detached bungalow for sale Milton Avenue, Badgers Mount, Sevenoaks TN14
- £650,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Station Road, Dunton Green, Sevenoaks TN13
- £650,000 3 bed detached house for sale Grays Road, Westerham TN16
- £750,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Charmwood Lane, Orpington, Kent BR6