- 3 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 2 reception rooms
- The Centre Wing Of a Former Arts & Crafts Style Home
- Private Gated Entrance and Driveway
- Fully Refurbished Throughout
- Three Double Bedrooms
- Large Kitchen and Dining Area
- A Utility and Boot Room
- High Ceilings and Character Features Throughout
- Set In The Midst of The Ashdown Forest
- In Walking Distance To The Poplar Pub
- And With East Grinstead Station Only Ten Minutes Away
Description We are delighted to offer brand new to the market â Cecil Cottage.
Through the electric wrought iron gates on to your private driveway, there is enough parking for three cars. Surrounded by woodland and the sound of birds as you walk to the main entrance of Cecil Cottage its clear this is a special home.
Stepping inside into the entrance lobby, you benefit from a boot room and utility area as well as a downstairs w/c. This is a great space for muddy wellies or for those that may have pets. Leading through to the new "Charles York" kitchen which has been newly fitted as well as the flooring being retiled benefits from a range of base and wall cabinets as well as built in appliances including a dishwasher and a brand-new state of the art aga.
The kitchen also provides space which accommodates a table and chairs for everyday use and a free-standing fridge freezer.
Out into the hallway, which features parquet flooring that flows in to each three reception rooms you can go one of three ways. To the left you have a large duel aspect living room which benefits from an open fireplace, picture rail and elegant large windows which give a feeling of grandeur to this rooms and overlooks the mature garden. The wall to the adjoining property has been soundproofed.
Following through the hallway you have the formal dinning room, again fit with an open fireplace and shelving for books this space is also used by the current owner as a library as well as it's a calm place to read with the double doors opening out on to the garden. The last area of the hallway is the study, all three rooms have been fitted with "Sonos" surround sound system.
A grand staircase leads you up to the first floor, the landing provides access to the large loft space.
On this floor there are three double bedrooms. Starting with the master bedroom, this well-proportioned room has been recently decorated throughout and has "Sonos" fitted, with duel aspect windows overlooking the courtyard and garden. The second bedroom over looks the garden and the third overlooks the courtyard. Completing the first floor accommodation is an elegant newly refurbished bathroom, fit with bath tub, a separated shower cubicle, W/C, hand basin and an airing cupboard.
Stepping outside the front of the property its clear this property has not only been refurbished inside but from the outside as well, with all new double glazing fitted to all rooms, the driveway being restored, and a log cabin built fit with power. Also, to the front of the property there is a small courtyard garden which is off the kitchen, an area to be enjoyed with friends or family for alfresco dinning. The main garden out of the library doors benefits from a patio area as well as the main lawn surrounded with beech hedging and mature trees and plants.
The village of Chelwood Gate is on the edge of Ashdown Forest in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and is home to the renowned Coach & Horses pub.
Comprehensive shopping and rail services are found at Haywards Heath (7.7 miles) and East Grinstead (8 miles).
Transport links: The M25 can be accessed via the A23/A22.
Schools: Cumnor House, Brambletye, Great Walstead, Danehill Primary School, Michael Hall School and Ardingly College. View more View less
- £499,950 3 bed property for sale Park Crescent, Forest Row, East Sussex RH18
- £479,000 3 bed detached house for sale Bell Lane, Nutley, East Sussex TN22
- £525,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Birch Grove, Horsted Keynes, Haywards Heath RH17
- £495,000 4 bed semi-detached house for sale Highfields, Forest Row RH18
- £520,000 4 bed detached house for sale Highcroft Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19
- £450,000 3 bed detached house for sale London Road, Danehill, Haywards Heath RH17
- £550,000 3 bed detached bungalow for sale Enholms Lane, Danehill, Haywards Heath RH17
- £550,000 3 bed link-detached house for sale Lewes Road, Danehill RH17
- £450,000 3 bed property for sale Lower Road, Forest Row RH18