- 3 bedrooms
- Video available on request
- Characterful former workers cottage
- Wonderful village living
- Extended and improved throughout
- Pretty cottage gardens
- Additional outbuildings and double garage
- Potential to further enlarge
Description Attractive character family home offering well-presented accommodation, situated on a generous plot with a double garage and purpose built home office.
Chartridge is a semi rural ribbon village located in the lower Chiltern Hills about two miles North West of Chesham.
There is a village pub, a 18 hole golf course, an excellent Primary School, a bus service to Chesham as well as a wealth of footpaths and bridleways.
Chesham offers multiple shopping facilities and amenities in its pedestrianised high street, as well as the Metropolitan Line underground station for direct access to London.
The Chiltern Line to London Marylebone can also be easily accessed from Little Chalfont or Amersham.
The area is renowned for its excellent educational facilities including Chesham Grammar school (mixed), Dr Challoner's Grammar School for boys in Amersham and for Dr Challoner's High School for girls in Little Chalfont.
An attractive character family home, one of four former workers' cottages situated in the sought after village of Chartridge. The property has been extended and updated to provide well presented, light and airy accommodation throughout whilst offering both formal and open plan living areas.
To the front of the house there is a formal sitting room with a working feature fireplace and a separate study. To the rear is a superb farmhouse style kitchen/dining room including a traditional Rayburn stove and an extensive range of wall and base mounted units with granite worktops over. Freestanding appliances and dressers provide scope to adjust the kitchen layout to suit individual needs. Spanning the rear elevation and opening on to the garden is an impressive conservatory addition, ideal as formal dining room or additional reception, which features bi-fold doors, limestone floor tiles and under floor heating.
Upstairs, the master bedroom has an en suite shower room whilst the two further bedrooms are served by an additional family bathroom on the ground floor. There is potential to further enlarge the bedroom accommodation, subject to planning consent, by extending into the roof space.
A real feature of the property is the extensively landscaped rear garden which offers a wonderful outside space and enjoys a lovely sylvan backdrop. A large flagstone patio to the rear of the house leads to an area of lawn interspersed with well stocked beds and borders. Within the rear garden is a double garage, insulated and with power & light, an external store which has plumbing for appliances and is currently used as a utility room, and a purpose built, fully integrated home office with a charming wood burning stove. A gravel driveway leads from the front of the house down to a double five bar gate, which opens in to the rear garden allowing access to the garage if required.
Nb: There are additional areas of land currently under rental agreement including an adjacent allotment and a separate 5 acre (approx) paddock with a stable, field shelter and additional outbuildings.
Square Footage: 1813 sq ft View more View less
- £700,000 3 bed detached house for sale Church Street, Chesham, Buckinghamshire HP5
- £700,000 3 bed detached house for sale Chesham Old Town, Buckinghamshire HP5
- £700,000 4 bed detached bungalow for sale Chestnut Avenue, Chesham HP5
- £650,000 3 bed detached house for sale Chiltern Road, Ballinger, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire HP16
- £649,950 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Oxford Street, Lee Common, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire HP16
- £680,000 4 bed semi-detached house for sale Lye Green Road, Chesham HP5
- £750,000 3 bed cottage for sale Bottom Road, Buckland Common, Tring HP23
- £650,000 4 bed detached house for sale Jenkins Lane, St. Leonards, Tring HP23
- £650,000 4 bed semi-detached house for sale Colville Court, Back Lane, Great Missenden HP16