- 2 bedrooms
- Two bedrooms
- Shower room
- 27' x 24' reception room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Beautiful views
- Off-road parking
- Two-bay cart lodge
Description A two bedroom detached barn conversion on the rural outskirts of Little Waltham.
Chelmsford station 6 miles (Liverpool Street from 34 minutes),
A12 (junction 19) 5.3 miles, A120 7 miles, Stansted Airport 15 miles, M25 19 miles.
Haslers Barn is situated on the rural outskirts of Little Waltham, which is a very attractive Essex village straddling the river Chelmer and possessing a number of amenities such as a nursery school and primary school, a public house and the Anglican Church of St Martin.
The property lies approximately six miles north of the City of Chelmsford and its wide variety of facilities, including a bustling shopping centre and excellent state and private schools. The city also provides superb transport links, with a station on the main line between Norwich and London Liverpool Street and access onto the A12.
The property can be found on the north side of Leigh's Road (a picturesque lane despite its name) and occupies a fifth of an acre plot with beautiful views over the surrounding countryside. The barn, which was granted enhanced status from an annexe (to neighbouring Haslers Farmhouse) to a separate dwelling in its own right in 2017 (Ref 17/01464/ful), sits back from the road behind a mature hedgerow and has attractive black weatherboard elevations.
The open-plan conversion extends to 1,811 sq ft and is finished to a good standard. The accommodation includes a kitchen with space for a large table and chairs and access onto a terrace, a 28' x 24' reception room with high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, two double bedrooms (both with access onto the garden) and a large wet room with walk-in shower.
There is a large, sheltered terrace behind the barn and the rest of the grounds are laid to lawn, dotted with specimen trees and shrubs and extending all the way down to the rear boundary, which is also enclosed by established hedgerows.
The house and barn share driveway access and each has its own parking area. An existing two-bay cart lodge and store is attached to the barn.
Square Footage: 1811 sq ft
Acreage: 0.2 Acres
Proceed north on the A130 (Essex Regiment Way). Continue to the fifth roundabout (beyond the Park and Ride), and turn right into Wheelers Hill bearing first left into Leighs Road. Continue for about a mile (keeping left at the fork in the road) where the property will be found on your left hand side.
Postcode: CM3 3NH View more View less
- £500,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale The Village, Great Waltham, Chelmsford CM3
- £499,995 3 bed detached house for sale Beaulieu Heath, Centenary Way, Off White Hart Lane, Chelmsford, Essex CM1
- £519,995 3 bed town house for sale Beaulieu Heath, Centenary Way, Off White Hart Lane, Chelmsford, Essex CM1
- £475,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Wilfred Waterman Drive, Springfield, Chelmsford, Essex CM1
- £480,000 3 bed detached house for sale Channels Drive, Chelmsford CM3
- £459,995 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Linge Avenue, Off Centenary Way, Chelmsford, Essex CM1
- £475,000 3 bed detached house for sale Channels Drive, Chelmsford CM3
- £525,000 3 bed detached house for sale Jackson Bacon View, Springfield, Chelmsford CM1
- £530,000 3 bed detached house for sale Copland Close, Broomfield, Chelmsford CM1