4 bed semi-detached house for sale in Green Trees, Peppard Common, Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire RG9
- 4 bedrooms
- Stunning period home
- Lovely garden just over 1 acre
- Edwardian period features
- Excellent location for commuters with Crossrail due in 2020/21
- Detached car port and separate single garage
Description A delightful period family home, with no onward chain
The property is situated close to the popular residential hamlet of Peppard Common, located in a small cluster of homes named Green Trees. The nearby village of Sonning Common provides a variety of local facilities. The nearby towns of Henley-on-Thames and Reading both have extensive shopping and recreational facilities and the area is well served for both state and private schools including the local Peppard Primary School, Gillots School, Rupert House, the Oratory and Moulsford. There is a regular, fast train service from Reading to London Paddington, with Cross Rail due in 2019.
Fairhurst is a large semi-detached home dating back to the early 1900's. The property has been updated throughout the years and benefits from a entrance hall which leads to the large sitting room/ dining room. This is a real feature of the property with a large open fireplace at one end, impressive high ceilings and large windows at the back that overlook the delightful private rear garden. The kitchen is well fitted with a range of floor and wall units, built in oven and microwave and leads through to the conservatory that has an area which is perfect for a home office/study and doors out onto the garden. Completing the ground floor there is a cloakroom off
the entrance hall. Upstairs there is a large master bedroom with fine views over the garden. There is a double guest bedroom and two good sized single bedrooms (with bedroom 4 enjoying large eves storage) and family bathroom.
The property is approached by a well maintained gravel driveway. There is parking to the front of the house. The drive continues around to the side of the house with rear access that goes onto Gallowstree Road. The rear garden is mature and is a very pretty feature. It can be accessed from the conservatory. There is a decked area perfect for outside entertaining in the summer. The whole garden has a mixture of hedges, trees and bushes that offer privacy and seclusion. Tucked away off the driveway in a block of garages is a single garage. To the side of the house off the drive is a large oak framed timber clad, tiled roof open garage. There is also a shed in the garden.
Acreage: 1.18 Acres
From Henley - From the main traffic lights in Henley take Gravel Hill out of the town, keeping the Town Hall on your right. Proceed for approximately 3 miles to Bolts Cross T- junction. Turn left, signposted to Reading and Peppard. Proceed across Peppard Common, after you go down a steep hill and up the other side, just around the next corner the driveway into Green Trees, that leads to Fairhurst can be found on the right. (Before you get to the Stoke Row Road and drop down into Sonning Common). View more View less
- £895,000 4 bed detached house for sale Blounts Court Road, Sonning Common, Reading, Berkshire RG4
- £900,000 4 bed detached house for sale Stoke Row, Henley On Thames RG9
- £900,000 4 bed detached house for sale Elizabeth Road, Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire RG9
- £875,000 4 bed detached bungalow for sale Grange Avenue, Rotherfield Peppard, Henley-On-Thames RG9
- £850,000 4 bed detached house for sale Woodlands Road, Sonning Common, South Oxon RG4
- £850,000 4 bed detached house for sale Fox Heath Gardens, Reading Road, Cane End, Reading RG4
- £899,950 5 bed detached house for sale Heather Close, Sonning Common, Reading RG4
- £900,000 5 bed detached house for sale Gravett Close, Henley-On-Thames RG9
- £829,950 4 bed property for sale "The Calder I" at Highlands Lane, Rotherfield Greys, Henley-On-Thames RG9