5 bed detached house for sale in Orchard Mill, Riversdale, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire SL8
- 5 bedrooms
- A fabulous family home with great size rooms throughout
- Secluded private cul de sac off Bourne End's premier road
- Landscaped gardens and grounds of almost an acre
- Sweeping driveway with ample parking and a double garage
- Large and welcoming reception spaces and a large kitchen
- Five double bedrooms with a superb principle bedroom suite
Description This wonderful family home has superb rooms sizes and a great layout, set in a private cul de sac in Bourne End's premier road.
Orchard Mill is a private close of just three handsome detached homes, situated off Riversdale, one of Bourne End's most coveted locations. The home is set centrally in a large plot of nearly an acre, giving a lovely feeling of space around it and views over the grounds from inside.
Nestled on the edge of the Chilterns, Bourne End is a thriving village situated on the banks of the River Thames, popular with London commuters, young families and mature residents alike.
The village of Bourne End provides for everyday needs, with a station to London Paddington (via connection at Maidenhead). The nearby towns of Beaconsfield, Marlow, and Maidenhead offer wider facilities, with an eclectic mix of local independent and national retailers. There are numerous bars, cafes and restaurants dotted around these towns, providing for any occasion.
Just outside the village, the area opens out to glorious Green Belt rolling countryside and a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Outdoor pursuits are numerous, such as sailing, rowing, golf, football, cricket and rugby.
Schooling around the area is renowned with a number of state, grammar and private options.
For commuters, Beaconsfield and Maidenhead are about equidistant from the property and provide superb services to Marylebone and Paddington respectively. Commuter services to Marylebone from Beaconsfield can be travelled in as little as 23 minutes. Bourne End itself has a station providing a shuttle link to Maidenhead. Maidenhead (11 mins from Bourne End station) will soon benefit from the new Crossrail services, providing a superb link to The City and Canary Wharf from 2019 (expected). The M40 London-bound is accessed at junction 2, being just 3.2 miles away; the M4 is about 7 miles away at Junction 8/9.
Bourne End Station â 0.7 miles, Marlow â 4.0 miles, Beaconsfield â 4.8 miles, Maidenhead â 4.0 miles, Heathrow (T5) â 15.0 miles.
Orchard Mill is approached off Riversdale, a private road in Bourne End. The close itself has just three attractive homes of which number 1 Orchard Mill is at the top of the cul de sac with a wide sweeping frontage. The gated driveway curves around the property to a landscaped turning circle, giving access to the detached double garage and providing for ample parking.
The property overall has a superb and thoughtfully-planned layout, being ideal for a family with a good mix of formal and informal spaces.
A large and welcoming hallway opens out through double doors into a formal drawing room, that is a large triple aspect room with an attractive fireplace. It has views to the front, side and rear and has doors out to the rear terrace. The formal dining room is to the front of the property, and a good size office is to the rear. The kitchen is also a good size with plenty of space for an everyday dining table. In turn this provides access to an informal family/television room and a useful utility room.
A wide staircase opens up to a spacious first floor hallway with space for a study desk overlooking the rear garden. The substantial principle bedroom suite occupies the southern end of the first floor and comprises a large bedroom, a fully fitted dressing room and a spacious bathroom. A guest bedroom also has an en suite bathroom with the remaining three double bedrooms being served by a large family bathroom that has a separate bath and shower. In all there are five good size double bedrooms.
Outside, the property sits centrally in the plot being almost an acre, which is beautifully landscaped to provide attractive screening and borders. The bulk of the garden to the rear of the house is south-west facing to get the best of the sunlight. The front is landscaped to provide a sweeping carriage driveway and there is a detached double garage.
Square Footage: 3706 sq ft
From Bourne End station head south along Station Road/Hedsor Road for about half a mile where Riversdale (Private Road) is on the right hand side. Head into Riversdale, then turn right, and right again into a private drive signposted for 'Orchard Mill'. View more View less
- £1,750,000 5 bed detached house for sale Kiln Fields, Harvest Hill, Buckinghamshire HP10
- £1,695,000 5 bed detached house for sale Dorney Wood Road, Burnham SL1
- £1,650,000 5 bed detached house for sale Sheephouse Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,895,000 5 bed detached house for sale Penington Road, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire HP91Et HP9
- £2,000,000 5 bed semi-detached house for sale The Pound, Cookham, Berkshire SL6
- £1,575,000 5 bed detached house for sale Holtspur Top Lane, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire HP9
- £1,950,000 5 bed detached house for sale Falcons Croft, Wooburn Moor, Buckinghamshire HP10
- £1,950,000 6 bed property for sale Falcons Croft, Wooburn Moor, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP10
- £1,500,000 5 bed detached house for sale Kiln Lane, Bourne End SL8