5 bed detached house for sale in Easthampstead Road, Wokingham, Berkshire RG40
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Close to Train Station
- Award winning Millgate Home
- Prestigious town centre location
- Approached via long shingled driveway
- Five good sized bedroom
- Three luxury bathrooms
- Galleried landing
- Three spacious reception rooms
- Stunning In-Toto kitchen
- Spacious hallway
- Landscaped gardens
Description An attractive driveway lined with mature trees and planting leads to this award-winning town centre home. Originally constructed to a high specification by one of the areas most prestigious developers, Millgate Homes in 1993 the current owner brought this fabulous property from new and has over the years updated and improved it to present this outstanding family home.
Judged for use of space and materials, efficiency, compatibility with its surroundings and overall fitness for purpose its no surprise that this house gained the accolade of Best Executive Home in the highly prestigious evening standard awards.
First impressions keep rewarding you, the central town location, impressive drive up to the house and when you open the front door the next surprise to greet you is the highly spacious reception hall with galleried landing above.
Additionally there are 3 spacious reception rooms a utility room and large kitchen/family room which has been refitted with a range of high quality cabinets by In-Toto kitchens with granite work surfaces and high end built in appliances. The quality hard wood bi-fold doors link the landscaped rear gardens to both the kitchen and dining rooms.
On the first floor there are five well proportioned bedrooms, two with en-suite bathrooms and a family bathroom, two have been re-modelled with Bauhaus porcelain and contemporary tiling and there is an abundance of storage designed into this house.
Approached by an attractive gravelled driveway The Chestnuts is a select development of just three Millgate Homes, the parking apron is block paved with lawns and well stocked flower and shrub beds. Alongside the garage is a wide access path leading to the side of the property and onto the rear gardens. Access is also provided to the double garage through a remotely operated door.
Designed to be low maintenance and to enjoy and capture the heat of the sun is the attractive rear gardens being landscaped and laid to lawn with individual patio areas and established flower and shrub beds. The garden is enclosed on all sides and screened by mature hedging. The garden backs onto a playing field and therefore enjoys an excellent degree of privacy and seclusion.
It would be difficult to beat such a convenient location, The Chestnuts is situated Wokingham town centre which is currently undergoing a complete regeneration with exciting new shops, bars and restaurants which have added to the existing eclectic range, soon to open is an everyman cinema and joining the new superbowl and laser quest venues with the complete re-development of the carnival pool to provide much more comprehensive facilities due to commence next year.
Within an easy walk are excellent, schools from nursery age through to sixth form and a comfortable walking distance for most is Wokingham station which provides an effective service to Guildford and London Waterloo and Gatwick airport and in the other direction to Reading station, which is the third biggest interchange station outside of London.
Commuters further benefit from access to the M4 motorway just a few miles away which connects efficiently to the countries motorway system. View more View less
- £1,100,000 5 bed detached house for sale Binfield, Berkshire RG42
- £1,150,000 5 bed detached house for sale Ellis Road, Crowthorne, Berkshire RG45
- £1,150,000 5 bed detached house for sale Nine Mile Ride, Finchampstead, Berkshire RG40
- £1,100,000 6 bed detached house for sale Ravenswood Avenue, Crowthorne, Berkshire RG45
- £1,000,000 5 bed detached house for sale Douglas Grange, Hurst, Reading, Berkshire RG10
- £975,000 5 bed detached house for sale Sorrel Drive, Warfield, Bracknell, Berkshire RG42
- £1,195,000 6 bed detached house for sale Foxley Lane, Binfield, Berkshire RG42
- £1,295,000 5 bed property for sale Lower Wokingham Road, Crowthorne, Berkshire RG45
- £975,000 5 bed cottage for sale Willow Cottage, Forest Road, Wokingham RG40