4 bed detached house for sale in Hightown Hill, Ringwood BH24
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- With Land
Description A superb equestrian property with manÃ¨ge which is set within private grounds amounting to approximately 7.5 acres, ideally situated in a highly sought-after location adjacent to the open forest. This attractive 1930âs family home offers spacious accommodation, beautifully landscaped gardens, flat and well-drained paddocks and quality outbuildings. Energy Performance Rating: D
The property is situated in a semi-rural location within the New Forest National Park, offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland, ideal for walking, cycling and horse riding. Within walking distance is a great local country pub/restaurant and a local farm shop and the property is within the Ringwood School catchment area. Ringwood is approximately two miles distant, offering a comprehensive range of shops and facilities.
The local area
This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmersâ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster. Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated âoutstandingâ by Ofsted). For commuters the A338 provides a link to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 10 miles), and the city of Salisbury (approximately 18 miles).
- Bright and spacious entrance hall with access to a large cloakroom/WC
- Generous double-aspect living room with views of the gardens, a stone fireplace with an electric stove and an attractive bay window
- Well-proportioned dining room with a bay window and double doors connecting to the living room
- Kitchen overlooking the gardens and stables, the kitchen comprises; a range of units with roll-top work surfaces over, a matching central island unit, an eye-level electric oven and grill, built-in microwave and inset electric hob
- Large utility room with additional sink, fitted cupboards (also housing the water softener), space for additional appliances and a wall-mounted gas-fired boiler
- Adjacent boot room/grooming room with water supply
- Garden room/snug with a view of the gardens
- Conservatory with doors opening onto the patio and gardens, finished with tiled flooring
- Staircase to the first-floor landing featuring an attractive stained-glass window
- Double aspect master suite with a view of the gardens and manÃ¨ge comprising; built-in wardrobes, a dressing room with additional wardrobes and an en-suite shower room including a shower unit, WC and vanity unit with twin sinks
- Bedroom 2 offering views of the gardens
- Bedroom 3 with a double-aspect and adjoining snug (which could be utilised as a dressing room)
- Family bathroom servicing bedrooms 2 and 3, comprising; a corner bath with shower attachment, pedestal wash basin and WC
grounds & gardens
Electric wooden gates give access to a long sweeping drive leading to the property and detached double garage with electric remote controlled up and over doors.
The formal gardens have been beautifully landscaped by the current owners. The extensive lawns which are enclosed by close board fencing, are interspersed with a variety of plants, shrubs and specimen trees. The lawns also feature an ornamental pond surrounded by attractive rockeries, there are also several further gravelled areas and a paved patio adjacent to the house which provides space suitable for outdoor seating.
A gate gives access to a 40m x 20m manÃ¨ge which comprises a sand and rubber surface and separate vehicular access from the lane. The yard includes two stable blocks; one comprising three 12 x 12 stables and a tack room, and the other comprising two stables (currently utilised as a machine store and a rug room). There is access from both the manÃ¨ge area and yard to the well-maintained paddocks, currently separated into five by post and rail fencing, with self-filling water troughs, a large field shelter and a separate feed/hay store.
Energy Efficiency Rating: D Current: 63 Potential: 76
Council Tax Band: G
Mains Electricity, Gas and Water - Private Drainage View more View less