- 4 bedrooms
- Superbly located on the river with superb outlook
- Very convenient for both road & rail commute
- Well placed for access to great local schooling
- Striking period property with pretty landscaped gardens with large sun terrace
- River mooring
Description Charming riverside cottage with landscaped gardens on the River Thames with mooring.
Chauntry Close is a pretty no-through road that backs on to the River Thames situated only about 1.5 miles from Maidenhead town centre and its many amenities and close to the village of Bray, home to a number of world-renowned restaurants.
Maidenhead Station has an excellent service to London (Paddington). Current journey time to London Paddington is from 20 minutes at peak times, with Crossrail new high speed service due to begin running soon. Road connections are great with easy access to the M4 and wider motorway network.
Schooling in the area both state and private are extensive and include Oldfield Primary School, Newlands Girlsâ School, Desborough Boys School, St.Piranâs, Claires Court and Sir William Borlase Grammar. Nb. Check catchments and admissions policies.
Ye Olde Fishery Cottage is a 19th century property set in beautiful gardens extending down to the River Thames. Set close to the amenities of the town centre but with idyllic river views. The property has also has a boat mooring perfect for enjoying the all the river has to offer. The property retains a wealth of period features, including coving and beamed ceilings.
The beams in the sitting/dining room in particular are intricately carved and provide a focal point alongside the inglenook fireplace, with red brick surround and a large log burner. This generously proportioned room offers ample space for both relaxing and dining with adjacent games room allowing even more flexibility. The kitchen is equipped with a range of country style units with a butler sink, granite worktops and a central island with integrated Neff double oven and five-ring gas hob. A lovely bay window floods the room with natural light and offers space for a breakfast table. The master bedroom is located downstairs and features built-in wardrobes, drawers, vanity unit and en suite shower room. The three additional bedrooms can be found upstairs, all with built-in wardrobes and two with double aspect views. A family bathroom completes this floor.
Set back from the close down a sweeping drive, the house has an expansive lawn shaded by tall trees. The drive allows parking for several cars and access to the double garage. The garage, formerly the carriage house, is entered via the impressive arched doors. It is currently used as a work shop with extensive storage above.
To the rear of the property the gardens with immaculate lawn and river mooring have been designed for entertaining. The large paved sun terrace is a delightful space with a pergola to one side providing shade and a sun room.
Square Footage: 3252 sq ft View more View less
- £1,350,000 5 bed detached house for sale Sherwood Drive, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,250,000 4 bed detached house for sale Bray Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,250,000 4 bed detached house for sale Beechwood Drive, Maidenhead SL6
- £1,395,000 5 bed detached house for sale Ferry Road, Bray, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,395,000 5 bed detached house for sale Willow Drive, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,395,000 5 bed detached house for sale The Chase, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,500,000 4 bed detached house for sale Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale Summerleaze Road, Maidenhead SL6
- £1,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale The Chase, Maidenhead SL6