4 bed detached house for sale in Saddlers Hill, Goodnestone, Canterbury, Kent CT3
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 reception rooms
Description Boyes House is a lovely period home of red brick, attractive Dering leaded light windows, vaulted exposed beam ceilings, ribbed door under slate tile roof. The property has undergone major refurbishment although retaining original features combined with modern design, creating character, elegance and style for this beautiful home.
- Entrance Hall with ribbed door, attractive tile flooring, double latch doors opening through to the:
- Drawing Room with inglenook feature fireplace with oak bressumer, bay window, oak flooring and recess with shelving for display.
- Dining Room, attractive tile with wooden inlay flooring, wrought iron balustrade and steps leading down to the wine cellar. Exposed brick double sided fireplace with oak bressumer and staircase leading to the first floor.
- Garden Room with oak framed windows, tile flooring, opening to kitchen. Well, featuring a bespoke metal barrel with a glass top and a light within the Well creating a superb and unique table, French doors opening onto the rear garden.
- Kitchen with range of base mounted units with butler sink, central island all complemented by wooden work surfaces. Brick feature fireplace recess housing the range cooker.
- Off the kitchen is a Utility/Boot Room and Cloakroom.
- Barn has vaulted ceiling with exposed beam and galleried mezzanine, oak flooring, shelving and recess for TV display and storage cabinets.
- Master Bedroom with vaulted exposed beamed ceiling and built in wardrobes. En Suite Bathroom which is beautifully and stylishly designed, three further Bedrooms some with built in wardrobes and vaulted ceilings.
- Family Bathroom with Victorian style roll top bath on claw feet, pedestal hand basin, low level WC, walk-in shower with large rain head, oak flooring and chrome towel radiator, wood paneling to half walls and oak flooring.
- Car Port oak framed with weatherboarding underpitch tile roof.
- Store Room
To the front of the property is a pathway leading to the front entrance, well stocked flower borders, attractive ornamental wall, complemented by wrought iron rail, fence and privet hedging
The rear Garden has an attractive sun terrace, lawn with well stocked herbaceous borders, mature trees, shrubs, perennial and annual planting, brick built barbecue perfect for entertaining all enclosed fence boundary and double oak gates.
To the side of the property is a pergola and parking area.
Boyes House is situated in the picturesque village of Goodnestone with its lovely historic Holy Cross Saxon Church and fabulous Goodnestone Park Stately Home. Goodnestone itself is surrounded by typical Kentish countryside providing lovely country walks. The neighbouring villages of Chillenden, Wingham and Goodnestone all have primary schools. Wingham High Street offers everyday amenities. The Cathedral City of Canterbury lies approximately 9.5 miles away with its excellent shopping centre, good choice of schools both in the private and state sectors, universities and colleges.
Connections are also good with easy access to the A2 linking into the M20 & M2 and Canterbury West operating the high speed train to London St. Pancras. The Channel Tunnel & Port of Dover both operate services to the continent. Recreational facilities in and around the area are also good with a selection of golf courses, Polo Farm, Sports Centre and swimming pools. Water sports can be found along the coast.
Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops.
Head out of Canterbury by the New Dover Road and follow signs for Sandwich, A257. Continue straight for approximately 5.4 miles, passing through the village of Littlebourne. On entering the village of Wingham take a right just after The Dog Inn. Take a second left into Staple Road. Take the first right signposted Goodnestone and proceed for a further 0.5 of a mile bearing left. Take a right signposted for Goodnestone. Continue along the lane bearing round to the left and Boyes House will be found on the left hand side. View more View less
- £875,000 4 bed detached house for sale Saddlers Hill, Goodnestone, Canterbury, Kent CT3
- £850,000 5 bed end terrace house for sale The Street, Ickham, Canterbury Kent, Kent CT3
- £795,000 5 bed detached house for sale Easole Street, Nonington, Canterbury, Kent CT15