- 4 bedrooms
- Well placed for access to the riverside and Boulters Lock
- Detached family home set in private garden
- Spacious property with garage and off-street parking
- Easy access to commuter routes both road and rail
- Close proximity to maidenhead town centre
Description Spacious four bedroom family home set in a private garden on a highly desirable road in Maidenhead.
Lower Cookham Road is situated a short distance from the River Thames and Boulters Lock and is conveniently located for Maidenhead town centre. Rail access to London (Paddington) is available from Taplow and Maidenhead, both of which are within easy reach. Road connections are good with access to the M4 available via Junctions 7 or 8/9 and this leading to Heathrow, London and the M25, in turn providing access to the M3. The M40 may be reached via the Marlow By-Pass A404, accessed at Maidenhead Thicket.
The region is well served for sporting facilities including the David Lloyd Centre and Magnet Leisure Centre in Maidenhead; tennis at Maidenhead and Bisham; golf at Maidenhead, Temple, Marlow, Harleyford and Henley golf clubs; horse racing at Windsor and Ascot; rowing at Maidenhead Rowing Club and Dorney Lake; boating on the River Thames.
There is a wealth of schools in the region including Sir William Borlase Grammar, Burnham Grammar, St. Nicholas C of E primary school, Reading Boys and Kendrick Girls in the state sector. St. Piran's, Claires Court and The Abbey Girls' School, Reading, in the private sector.
Millbank is set in a highly desirable location and offers spacious family accommodation over two floors. This offers excellent outside space as well as two balconies.
On the ground floor the large reception hall leads to all reception rooms. The sitting room is double aspect with front facing bay window and French doors opening on to the garden terrace. The kitchen has a comprehensive range of sleek modern units, integrated appliances and is open plan to the dining area. The dining area provides access to the utility room and has French doors opening on to the garden. A study and cloakroom complete this floor.
On the first floor the spacious master bedroom has access to a large southerly facing balcony/roof terrace. Ideal space for rest and relaxation. The bedroom also has built-in wardrobes and superb en suite. There are three further bedrooms, one with en suite and balcony. The family bathroom completes this floor.
To the front of the property the garden is set behind a low brick wall and is principally laid to lawn edged with mature hedging for privacy. The sweeping driveway leads to the garage and provides parking for several vehicles. To the rear of the property the garden is principally laid to lawn with mature hedge and tree borders providing a degree of privacy. The raised paved terrace is the ideal space for outdoor entertaining.
Square Footage: 2002 sq ft View more View less
- £1,100,000 4 bed detached house for sale Rose Hill, Burnham, Buckinghamshire SL1
- £1,050,000 4 bed detached house for sale Popes Lane, Cookham, Maidenhead SL6
- £1,150,000 4 bed detached house for sale Walker Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,095,000 5 bed detached house for sale Clarefield Drive, Maidenhead SL6
- £1,100,000 5 bed detached house for sale Laburnham Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,075,000 5 bed detached house for sale Craufurd Rise, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,000,000 4 bed detached house for sale Rutland Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £1,195,000 4 bed detached house for sale Glebe Road, Bray, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6
- £995,000 4 bed detached house for sale Oaklands Grove, Harvest Hill Road, Maidenhead SL6