5 bed detached house for sale in The Landway, Bearsted, Maidstone ME14
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Â£900,000 - Â£925,000 (Guide Price)
- Wonderful Character Features
- Three Reception Rooms & Three Bathrooms
- Large Double Glazed Conservatory
- Kitchen, Breakfast Room & Utility Room
- Cellar (Old Air Raid Shelter)
- Driveway/Parking & Garage
- Approximately 3rd Acre Plot
- Highly Desirable Village Location
- Excellent Commuter Links
Description Description Rocklands is a fine example of an imposing five bedroom detached family home built in the early 1930's which has retained an abundance of its original period features. Throughout this delightful property you cannot fail to be impressed by its character and charm which boasts features such as solid wood and Herringbone floors, open fireplaces, oak wood wall panelling and stained glass windows. The property sits centrally within a substantial plot set well back from the road at the end of a sweeping driveway.
Home & gardens This well-appointed residence offers substantial accommodation measuring over 2500 square feet in its entirety making this a spacious and versatile family home. The ground floor is comprised of; a main sitting room and formal dining room, a home office and a double glazed conservatory spanning the width of the property. The kitchen has bespoke fitted units with wooden work surfaces, a "Butler" style sink and five door aga oven, adjoining the kitchen is a breakfast room which has a floor hatch leading to a large useable cellar (once an air raid shelter). The property also boasts five bedrooms and three bathrooms.
Accessed via a long sweeping driveway Rocklands sits proudly within a secluded plot of approximately a 3rd of an acre with lawned gardens to its front and rear. The property benefits from an extensive parking area for up to 8 vehicles and a large detached garage with power and light.
Location The property is ideally situated only a short distance from Bearsted village green which during the summer months plays host to all manner of events to include cricket matches, classic car shows, farmers markets and a music festival. The green is also served by well regarded pubs, restaurants and shops and the village has it's own 18 hole parkland golf course within walking distance of Rocklands. Mainline Rail services offer convenient access to Ashford International, and to the Capital in under an hour whilst the M20 and M2 motorway networks enable additional access to London, the Channel Tunnel and the Kent coast, adding yet further practicality to this convenient location.
The property is served by a number of highly regarded state and grammar schools including Invicta Grammar. Well reputed Thurnham Infant School and Roseacre Primary school are within walking distance to the property. View more View less
- £925,000 5 bed detached house for sale New Road, Langley, Maidstone ME17
- £850,000 5 bed detached house for sale Roseacre Lane, Bearsted, Maidstone, Kent ME14
- £895,000 6 bed detached house for sale Harple Lane, Detling, Maidstone ME14
- £950,000 5 bed detached house for sale Old Tree Lane, Boughton Monchelsea, Maidstone, Kent ME17
- £950,000 5 bed detached house for sale Charming Village Setting, Old Loose Hill, Loose Village ME15
- £995,000 5 bed detached house for sale Church Road, Tovil, Maidstone, Kent ME15
- £800,000 5 bed detached house for sale Heathfield Road, Penenden Heath, Maidstone ME14