- 5 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- Dining Room
- Sitting Room
- Study/Family Room
- Downstairs WC
- Five Bedrooms
- Ensuite Shower Room
- Two Bathrooms
- Loft Room
Description A charming Grade II listed thatched country house, which is believed to have previously been two cottages and a barn. The property is set in its own grounds extending to approximately one acre, has its own swimming pool and offers a wealth of character features throughout.
On the ground floor the accommodation comprises of a kitchen/breakfast room, utility/boot room, sitting room, dining room, study, a further family room and a separate WC/cloakroom. Both the sitting room and dining room feature an open fire place with sash windows and exposed beams, and the family room has a door leading out to the garden.
To the first floor are five double bedrooms and a family bathroom. The master bedroom and second bedroom benefit from an en suite shower room, with four out of the five bedrooms having built in wardrobes. Bedroom four features a walk-in wardrobe/dressing room, with the landing having an airing cupboard plus ample storage cupboards with shelving, perfect for coats and shoes. There is a further staircase which leads up into a loft room which provides further storage space.
A wonderfully spacious property set in substantial grounds and retaining many period features including beamed ceilings, sash windows, open fireplaces and stable doors. Situated in a quiet semi-rural conservation area within easy reach of Bognor Regis and Chichester.
North Bersted has a selection of local shops with a range of supermarkets in South Bersted and Bognor Regis. North Bersted Street is not a through road for traffic and features a small area of woodland at the end.
Chichester City offers a wide range of shopping and leisure facilities, including the Pallant House Gallery and the renowned Festival Theatre. There are mainline stations in Barnham, Chichester and Bognor Regis providing services up to London Victoria. Close by the Goodwood Estate offers a health and leisure club including two golf courses and hosts horse racing and motor events. The South Downs National Park provides a host of outdoor pursuits such as walking and cycling and there are also excellent sailing facilities around Chichester Harbour.
The property is approached via a long driveway which provides sufficient off-road parking for numerous cars. There are gardens extending to 0.945 of an acre plot, a swimming pool and a recently constructed summer house overlooking the pool. The gardens are mature planted with bushes and trees offering complete seclusion. A brick archway with iron gate leads to a further garden/paddock area.
In our view the property offers a rare oppurtunity to acquire an authentic spacious country detached thatched home set in extensive private grounds. View more View less
- £800,000 5 bed bungalow for sale Highground Lane, Barnham, Bognor Regis, West Sussex PO22
- £795,000 5 bed detached house for sale Church Lane, Barnham, West Sussex PO22
- £825,000 5 bed detached house for sale Tudor Close, Middleton-On-Sea, West Sussex PO22
- £765,000 5 bed detached house for sale Barnham Road, Barnham, West Sussex PO22
- £700,000 5 bed detached house for sale Lower Bognor Road, Lagness, Chichester, West Sussex PO20
- £740,000 5 bed detached house for sale Limmer Lane, Felpham PO22
- £900,000 5 bed semi-detached house for sale Woodfield Cottage, Marpitt Lane, Oving PO20
- £730,000 5 bed detached house for sale Barnham Road, Barnham, Bognor Regis PO22
- £900,000 5 bed detached house for sale Kingsway, Craigweil Private Estate, B Regis, West Sussex PO21