- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 reception room
- Lovely period features including exposed beams and original fireplaces
- Despite it's great age the property has all the mod cons including double glazed windows and doors and a gas central heating system
- You'll enjoy sunshine well into the evening in this pretty westerly facing garden
- Unlike many character properties this cottage has off road parking to the front for two cars as well as a detached garage and further parking to the rear
- The traditional bathroom with slipper bath and toilet with high level cistern compliment the age of the property perfectly
- Perfectly situated for the local shops at both Locks Heath and Park Gate which are both just a short stroll away
- No forward chain, so you could be in sooner than you think.
Description We are always excited to see these little pieces of local history come to market and Hope Cottage doesnât fail to meet expectation. Having been sympathetically modernised since its construction, which we believe is to be around the turn of the 1900âs, the property thankfully still retains many of its original features. Originally built to provide accommodation for the workers in the then thriving strawberry growing industry, the property has since been opened up on the ground floor and lovingly updated. The front driveway is block paved making way for parking one or two cars.
Stepping into the property we are sure you will immediately warm to the charm of this cottage with its exposed beams and open fireplaces. The sitting area is open plan to the dining area - this was previously two separate rooms and would easily revert back should you prefer. As it is, the natural light is able to filter from front to back and offers a lovely sociable living area. There is handy storage in the built in cupboards and stairs lead up to the first floor.
Open the rustic wooden door and step through to the kitchen, which again, in keeping with the age of the property, has traditional base units fronted with solid wood doors and butchers block wooden worktop over. The ceramic Belfast sink is a lovely touch and inset to the worktop. A freestanding Rangemaster oven with gas hob is to remain and there are two spaces for a fridge/freezer and washing machine. A door with glass panel and further window allow plenty of natural light into the kitchen and look out to the side of the property.
On the first floor the master bedroom, a double, has exposed wooden flooring, an open fireplace and benefits from a deep built in wardrobe and over stairs airing cupboard so plenty of storage! There is a further single bedroom, again with a built in storage cupboard and working fireplace. The âpiece de resistanceâ on the first floor has to be the traditional looking bathroom which has been fitted with a stylish slipper bath and WC with high level cistern with chain flush.
Outside the garden is enclosed by smart fencing and is mainly laid to lawn with a patio area where you will enjoy the summer sunshine well into the evening. There is a useful outside storage cupboard and a gate opens to the shared driveway allowing easy access to the garage which is situated behind the property. Character properties like these donât often come to the market so give us a call and we can tell you all about this lovely period cottage. View more View less
- £260,000 2 bed property for sale Oak Coppice Road, Whiteley, Fareham PO15
- £260,000 2 bed terraced house for sale Whiteley, Fareham PO15
- £260,000 2 bed terraced house for sale Coach Hill, Titchfield, Fareham PO14
- £255,000 2 bed terraced house for sale Demas Drive, Whiteley, Fareham PO15
- £270,000 2 bed terraced house for sale Swanwick Lane, Lower Swanwick, Southampton SO31
- £249,950 2 bed terraced house for sale South Street, Titchfield, Fareham PO14
- £270,000 2 bed end terrace house for sale Pegasus Close, Hamble, Southampton SO31
- £260,000 3 bed terraced house for sale Boundary Road, Bursledon, Southampton SO31
- £245,000 2 bed terraced house for sale John Bunyan Close, Whiteley PO15