4 bed property for sale in Netherhall Road, Roydon, Harlow, Essex CM19
- 4 bedrooms
- Situated in a quiet semi-rural setting
- Several large outbuildings offering a potential development opportunity (stp)
- Brookfield shopping centre nearby
- Close to a plethora of leisure facilities
- Close travel connections to the M25 and rail stations at Roydon and Broxbourne
- A good choice of local schooling at state and private schools
- A ruined mid 15th century moated gatehouse within the grounds
Description A unique Grade II listed Victorian house on a generous four acre plot with substantial outbuildings including a ruined fortified moated gatehouse.
Rye House Station 2.6 miles (Liverpool street - approx. 41 minutes), Roydon station 2.1 miles (Liverpool Street - approximately 30 minutes, Cambridge approx. 55 minutes) Epping tube station 8 miles, Stansted airport 18.2 miles, Haileybury School 4.4 miles, St. Edmunds College 14 miles. Bishop's Stortford College 12.5 miles.
Roydon is a charming and popular village well located for the neighbouring towns of Broxbourne, Epping and Harlow. Local amenities include a variety of shops, pubs, restaurants and a village primary school.
Transport links into London are excellent with several nearby rail stations terminating at Liverpool Street. For the motorist there is swift access to the M25. There are several well regarded state and private schools within easy reach with bus stops in Roydon for the private schools.
Netherhall Farm is a substantial period property in need of modernisation. The accommodation offers potential to create a magnificent character property with the added benefit of several outbuildings which could, subject to planning permission, be turned into separate dwellings.
The ground floor offers a grand entrance hall leading to a large drawing room, office, WC, study, dining room with bay window and fireplace, kitchen breakfast room with in keeping timber beams and exposed brick work, utility room and larder featuring an original kitchen fireplace.
The first floor comprises fourl bedrooms, one family bathroom, a nursery and dressing room which could serve as a fifth bedroom. Vaulted ceilings and exposed timbers in two of the bedrooms are a delightful feature.
The house is approached via a long driveway leading to the main house which occupies beautiful grounds of about four acres. Contained within the grounds are several useful outbuildings including a large stable block, cowshed, apple store, tractor store, an additional stable block with car ports and a breath-taking barn with exposed timbers.
Part of the estate includes a 15th century fortified moated site with ruined gatehouse at its entrance towering some 70 feet high. The fortified residence dates from the wars of the roses era with detailing roses featured on the exterior main house.
Square Footage: 3798 sq ft
Acreage: 4 Acres View more View less
- £1,950,000 4 bed detached house for sale Epping Green Road, Epping Green, Epping CM16
- £1,850,000 5 bed detached house for sale Nazeing Road, Nazeing, Waltham Abbey EN9
- £1,750,000 5 bed detached house for sale College Road, Hoddesdon EN11