- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- No Onward Chain
- Four Bedroom Detached House
- Lounge & Separate Dining Room
- Ground Floor Bathroom & First Floor Bathroom
- Kitchen & Utility Room
- Garage & Sweeping Driveway
- Landscaped Garden
- Balcony From Master bedroom
- Lexden Location
Description An individually built four bedroom detached family home constructed in 1953. The property sits within manicured landscaped gardens and offers the ideal family home.
Guide price Â£ 700,000 to Â£ 750,000
Conveniently positioned within one of Colchester's most prestigious residential streets just off of Maldon Road sits this wonderful four bedroom detached family home.
The current owners have enjoyed over 47 years at the residence, having originally been attracted to the charming characteristics and the potential the home offered.
"When we first moved here there were garages at the front, these were on a separate title, so when we purchased them at a later date, we had the front garden landscaped as well as a sweeping driveway to provide additional parking".
The property was originally built in 1953 and still retains a traditional feel with many charming features including original crittall windows and curved walls which soften the lines.
The accommodation is arranged over two levels. Upon entering the house, you are greeted by a reception hall, stairs lead to the first floor landing and windows to the front and side provide a flood of natural light, you can also access the veranda from here. "The veranda is my favourite space, it feels like another room we can use all year round, it's a wonderful spot to enjoy a coffee in the morning".
The lounge is bright and airy and has a decorative arch which opens to a pleasant seating area where French doors lead to the patio. There is also a kitchen large enough to house a table plus there is a formal dining room. The owners have carried out a lot of work to the property in order to improve the home and this includes the addition of a garage, ground floor bathroom and utility room.
On the first floor are four bedrooms all with wash basins. The master bedroom benefits from a balcony and has the advantage of beautiful views over the garden. There is also a family bathroom with a four-piece suite that is used by these rooms.
The owners are keen gardeners and have lovingly landscaped the garden over three areas, to incorporate an established vegetable garden, along with an enclosed patio seating area with the reminder being laid to lawn.
The location of the property has also proved to be beneficial with both children attending Colchester Royal Grammar School, which is only a short stroll away.
Location Honywood Road is located towards the West side of Colchester, the convenient Lexden location of the property allows a short stroll into the town centre with good shopping facilities, restaurants, cinema and galleries. It is within easy reach of outstanding schools, including Colchester County High School for girls and Colchester Royal Grammar school which are listed as two of the finest schools in the county. The A12 is within easy access and offer routes to Ipswich, Chelmsford and London. Colchester's mainline railway station is just a short drive away and offers direct links to London Liverpool Street in around 50 minutes. View more View less
- £700,000 4 bed detached house for sale Glen Avenue, Lexden, Colchester CO3
- £695,000 4 bed detached house for sale Errington Road, Lexden, Colchester CO3
- £685,000 4 bed detached house for sale Spring Close, Highwoods, Colchester CO4
- £650,000 4 bed town house for sale Echelon Walk, Colchester, Essex CO4
- £725,000 5 bed town house for sale East Stockwell Street, Colchester CO1
- £700,000 5 bed detached house for sale Bromley Road, Colchester CO4
- £650,000 4 bed detached house for sale Creffield Road, Colchester, Essex CO3
- £650,000 4 bed detached house for sale Braiswick, Colchester, Essex CO4
- £650,000 4 bed detached house for sale Woodlands, Welshwood Park, Colchester CO4