- 4 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 2 reception rooms
- Delightful Grade II Listed detached house conveniently located on Dorchester Road
- Host of period features with flagstone floors
- Ornate fireplaces and window shutters
- 2 reception rooms and spacious kitchen/dining room
- 4 Bedrooms and contemporary fitted bathroom/shower room
- Impressive converted stable providing excellent additional income
- Large cellar
- Garage and off road parking
- Front and rear gardens with favoured westerly aspect to the rear
Description A delightful and substantial period detached house and converted stable conveniently located on Dorchester Road, within easy access to both Weymouth and Dorchester.
Dating from the early 19th century and listed Grade II of architectural or historic importance, the property has a host of character features typical of its age and type including flagstone floors, ornate fireplaces and window shutters.
The accommodation is arranged over 2 floors with entrance door leading into a hallway with flagstone flooring and door to large cellar. There are 2 reception rooms, with woodburning stove and ornate fireplaces together with original window shutters. At the rear is a delightful double aspect kitchen/dining room, again with flagstone flooring and fitted with a range of floor cupboards with quartz worksurfaces and gas fired aga.
On the first floor are 4 bedrooms and a well appointed bathroom suite with claw foot bath and separate remote controlled walk in shower cubicle.
Outside, there is a walled front garden laid to lawn with trees and shrubs. A driveway to the side provides off road parking and leads to an attached garage with timber doors, power and light and housing Vaillant gas fired boiler.
The rear garden enjoys a favoured westerly facing aspect and well stocked with a range of shrubs and trees with vegetable garden with raised beds and side access.
To the rear is a detached former stable with separate access which has been sympathetically converted into an impressive self-contained holiday let, currently let through Travel Chapter. For further information please contact the office on .
Accessed via a stable door, leading into an attractive kitchen/sitting room with flagstone underfloor heating and woodburning stove. A door leads into a contemporary fitted wet room whilst stairs lead up to a mezzanine floor with oak flooring and double bed.
The property is situated on the outskirts of the coastal resort of Weymouth, within easy access to both Dorchester and Weymouth. There are an excellent range of local amenities close by including a petrol station/Marks and Spencer convenience store, 3 supermarkets including 'Sainsburys, ' a Sports Centre and Public House.
There are also both primary and secondary schools close by. Weymouth town centre can be found approximately 1.5 miles to the south and offers a comprehensive range of shops, picturesque harbourside and marina, as well as cultural, recreational and further educational facilities.
The area also provides the opportunity to enjoy a range of sailing and water sports activities, the sandy beaches and walks along the World Heritage Jurassic Coastline.
There is a mainline rail station at Upwey, approximately 1/4 of a mile from the property that provides rail links to London Waterloo and Bristol Temple Meads. View more View less
- £600,000 4 bed detached house for sale Wingreen Close, Weymouth DT3
- £600,000 4 bed detached house for sale Plaisters Lane, Sutton Poyntz, Weymouth, Dorset DT3
- £575,000 4 bed detached house for sale Hetherly Road, Weymouth DT3
- £625,000 4 bed detached house for sale Mount Pleasant Avenue South, Weymouth, Dorset DT3
- £550,000 4 bed detached house for sale Field Barn Drive, Weymouth DT4
- £550,000 4 bed detached house for sale Brookmead Close, Sutton Poyntz, Weymouth, Dorset DT3
- £625,000 5 bed detached house for sale Manor Road, Weymouth DT3
- £695,000 4 bed detached house for sale North Square, Chickerell, Weymouth, Dorset DT3