- 4 bedrooms
- Detached period home
- Superb private location at head of an exceptionally long driveway
- Large reception hallway
- Two separate reception rooms and study
- Well appointed kitchen opening to triple aspect garden/breakfast room
- Four first floor bedrooms, en suite and family bathroom
- Gated driveway with parking for numerous vehicles
- Car barn with adjacent enclosed workshop
- Beautifully tended gardens
Description A stylish and elegant country home commanding magnificent far reaching views .
Conveniently located to the south of Bristol, Redhill offers excellent communication links via the A38 to Bristol and also via the M4 and M5 motorway networks. In the area are a number of convenient amenities including the Chew Valley lakes, Bristol International Airport, excellent local farm shops and a number of outdoor sporting activities. There are also a number of good quality primary and secondary schools in the location. The village of Wrington is nearby and offers fantastic amenities including an art gallery, pubs, restaurants, a dentist, a doctor's surgery, children's play areas and some small shops.
Chancellors Cottage is a delightful family home enjoying a wonderful sense of privacy. Set at the head of an exceptionally long driveway with fields to either side, culminating in a further secure gated drive to the front of the home. From its elevated hillside location, the property commands truly magnificent views across the valley toward the Mendip Hills. Much of the charm of the property is that it sits alone on the hillside surrounded by open farmland and yet it is so convenient for those that value the proximity of the nearby villages with Bristol city centre just a short drive away.
The home is very well presented throughout with terrifically light and comfortable accommodation over just two floors. Believed to be over 200 years old in part, the house certainly has great character with a number of original ceiling beams in evidence and the home is stylishly decorated in muted neutral tones. It is of a sufficient size for a growing family but equally of a manageable proportion for couples seeking to accommodate visiting guests. The home is well orientated with southerly aspects to the rear with the majority of the rooms enjoying the captivating far reaching views. The current owners have lived in the home for approximately 20 years during which time they have created beautifully well tended grounds that have been planted to incorporate colour and interest throughout the seasons. During the course of their ownership, the vendors have added a substantial car barn with adjacent workshop to the front of the property and there is secure gated parking for numerous vehicles.
Square Footage: 2537 sq ft View more View less
- £1,000,000 5 bed terraced house for sale Brockley Hall, Brockley Lane, Bristol BS48
- £990,000 5 bed detached house for sale Stock Lane, Langford, Bristol BS40
- £850,000 5 bed detached house for sale Ashey Lane, Havyatt, Langford, Bristol BS40
- £850,000 5 bed detached house for sale Lower Langford, Langford, Bristol BS40