- 5 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- With Land
- Rural Setting
- Impressive 39 foot drawing room
- Approximately 5 acres
- Semi-rural location
- Paddock and stables
- Detached studio
- Triple garage and large driveway
- Further useful outbuildings
- Equidistant between Chobham and Windlesham
- Within easy reach of numerous exceptional schools
- Easy access and good road links to London and the West country
Description Merla is a unique and extremely well presented home set within 5 acres of landscaped gardens and paddocks. The property has been considerably extended and meticulously refurbished by the present owner.
Gardens And Grounds
The house is well set back from the road and accessed via two sets of wrought iron gates which open onto a driveway which lead to a large brick paved area providing ample parking beyond which is the attached triple garage. The remainder of the front includes the detached studio and an area of woodland.
The rear gardens face south and are a particular feature comprising large areas of well maintained lawn which are dotted and surrounded by a vast array of fruit fruit trees, flower beds, shrubs and trees. Immediately off the house are various sun terraces with outside lighting, one with an Italian pizza oven, ideal for Al fresco living. Nearing the rear of the formal gardens is the stabling and tree lined walkway which provides access via the 5-bar gate to the fenced paddocks.
Windlesham 1.5 miles, Chobham and Sunningdale 2 miles, Windsor 9 miles, Heathrow 11 miles, Central London 26 miles.
The property enjoys a semi-rural location tucked away down a private wooded lane situated between the popular villages of Windlesham, Sunningdale and Chobham.
The choice for both girls and boys are exceptional. These include Sunningdale Prep, Hallgrove, Woodcote, Papplewick, Bishopsgate, St. Johnâs Beaumont, St. Georgeâs, St. Maryâs, acs, Tasis, Eton and Wellington college.
There are local shopping facilities in Windlesham, Sunningdale and Ascot. More comprehensive facilities can be found nearby at Windsor, Camberley and Guildford.
Golf clubs at Sunningdale, Windlesham, Swinley, Wentworth and Foxhills country club. Spa facilities at the Berrystede, Coworth Park, Wentworth and Pennyhill Park. Ascot racecourse is only a short distance away as well as Polo at the Guards club and The Royal Berkshire. Cinemas and leisure centres located in Windsor, Camberley and Guildford.
Various junctions for the M25, M3 and M4 are very conveniently located providing easy access to central London and the West Country as well as both international airports, Heathrow and Gatwick. There are also main line railway stations with direct access to Waterloo at Ascot, Sunningdale and Virginia Water.
There are various restaurants in the area including The Drawing Room & The Barn at Coworth Park, La Sorrentina, The Surrey Cricketers and Carpenters Arms.
The Windsor Great Park, The Savill Garden and Chobham common are popular venues for great country walks, cycling and horse riding. A licence to ride in Windsor Great Park can be acquired.
Surrey Heath Borough Council View more View less
- £2,100,000 5 bed detached house for sale London Road, Sunningdale, Ascot, Berkshire SL5
- £2,200,000 5 bed detached house for sale Bagshot Road, Chobham, Woking, Surrey GU24
- £2,100,000 5 bed detached house for sale The Covert, Ascot SL5
- £2,200,000 5 bed detached house for sale Whynstones Road, Ascot, Berkshire SL5
- £2,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale Steep Hill, Chobham, Woking, Surrey GU24
- £2,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale Gorse Lane, Chobham, Woking GU24
- £1,975,000 5 bed property for sale The Covert, Ascot SL5
- £2,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale Hancocks Mount, Ascot, Berkshire SL5
- £2,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale Stonehill Gate, Hancocks Mount, Ascot SL5