- 5 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 3321 sq ft Victorian property
- 5 double bedrooms
- Wonderful views
- About an acre
Description ***virtual tour available on request***
A 3,321 sq ft freehold wing of a distinguished Victorian country mansion, set within generous grounds of about an acre, in this popular location with superb far-reaching, elevated views
Reception Hall, Drawing/Dining Room, Sitting Room, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility Room, WC, 5 Double Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, About 1 Acre, Off-road Parking
Kent Hatch West is the spacious west (end) wing of a handsome Victorian mansion, dating from around 1880, that has been divided into just four dwellings. This property has grounds and gardens amounting to about 1 acre.
The property offers light and airy accommodation with high ceilings and some attractive features including bay windows and feature fireplace. The current owners extended the kitchen to provide an impressive vaulted kitchen/breakfast room.
One of the most notable features of this property are the far-reaching views to the south over the Kent and Sussex countryside that the house enjoys from its elevated position.
- Beautiful medieval style studded oak front door surrounded by attractive leaded light windows including the name of the house over the door.
- Large reception hall with stairs rising to the first floor and door leading out to the rear. Decorative architrave and cornice.
- Superb triple aspect vaulted kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a range of painted granite-topped units and a wooden-topped island. There is a four door aga, butler-style ceramic sink, integrated double oven and dishwasher. Space for an American style fridge freezer. Exposed beams to the ceiling. Travertine floor tiles. French doors to the rear terrace.
- Separate utility room and ground floor cloakroom.
- Lovely light sitting room with a large lead light mullion window to the side with box seat.
- Impressive double aspect drawing/dining room measuring 26'10'' x 16'4'' (8.2m x 4.9m) with bay windows enjoying wonderful views to the south. Ceiling rose and decorative beading, cornice and column detailing. Large feature fireplace with an open fire.
- 5 double bedrooms over the first and second floors including the master bedroom with en suite bathroom (potential for Jack & Jill access) and a further family bathroom.
- A paved terrace wraps around the side and rear of the house providing an excellent area for outdoor summer entertaining.
- Superb far reaching views and delightful gardens and grounds of approx 1 acre.
- A large portion of the gravel driveway to the front of the house forms part of the property providing private (not shared or allocated) parking for several cars.
- In addition there is a separate gated parking area accessible further up the lane.
Kent Hatch West is set right on the border of Crockham Hill and Limpsfield Chart, where the Kent Downs and Surrey Hills Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty meet. Therefore the property is on the doorstep of some of the most beautiful countryside, including National Trust wood and parkland, with some fabulous elevated views over Kent and Surrey to be enjoyed. The area is most well known for its connections to Winston Churchill, who lived at nearby Chartwell, and General Wolfe.
Westerham (about 2 miles) offers a good range of shopping facilities, antique shops and excellent restaurants. Edenbridge (about 4 miles) has a range of local amenities, a Waitrose supermarket (a Lidl is due to open shortly), a hospital and a large leisure centre. Both Limpsfield and Crockham Hill have public houses.
The larger, nearby towns of Oxted (3 miles) and Sevenoaks (7.5 miles) both have an excellent range of recreational and shopping facilities together with mainline stations (Oxted to London Bridge and Victoria from about 35 minutes).
There is an excellent range of educational facilities in the neighbouring villages and towns, with Oxted and Sevenoaks providing the widest range.
There are good primary schools in Crockham Hill and Four Elms. Hazelwood School in Limpsfield is an outstanding preparatory school. Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells have grammar schools for both boys and girls and Sevenoaks now has the Weald of Kent grammar annexe.
The M25 is accessible at nearby junctions 5 or 6 with good connections to the national motorway network, Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted airports, the Channel Tunnel, Ebbsfleet International station and Bluewater shopping centre.
From junction 5 of the M25 take the A25 exit towards Westerham. Continue through the town, then turn left onto Goodley Stock Road, at the t-junction turn right onto Kent Hatch Road and the property will be found approximately 0.3 of a mile on the left hand side.
From junction 6 of the M25 take the A22 exit towards Godstone South, at the next roundabout take the A25 towards Westerham, continue on the A25 past Oxted. After a short distance turn right onto Kent Hatch Road (B269). The property can be found on the right hand side after approximately 1.7 miles.
- Services: Oil fired central heating. Mains water and electricity. Private drainage treatment plant.
- Local Authority: Sevenoaks District Council, Council Tax band (2020/21): G
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation. View more View less