- 5 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 5 reception rooms
- Immaculately presented Chown house with a modern twist!
- South west facing 3/4 acre rear garden backing onto protected woodlands.
- Peaceful location on a sought after private road.
- Contemporary open plan living on the ground floor with underfloor heating.
- A short walk to Horsley Station, village shops and restaurants.
- Fully fitted home office and separate air conditioned gym.
- Three beautifully fitted bathrooms with underfloor heating.
- Parking - Garage
Description A handsome village home, constructed in the 1930's by the local house builder, Frank Chown, which has been expertly modified by its current owners to create an impressive open plan interior whilst keeping its traditional exterior faÃ§ade. Many of the original features remain thereby keeping some of its trademark character, yet sympathetically complimented by the use of natural modern materials throughout.
Set at an angled position on the road to make the most of its south west facing orientation, the house commands a distinct presence due to its substantial proportions and impeccable presentation. Entering through the original porch and solid oak front door, the hallway immediately opens up with a choice of wide oak floored walkways towards the open plan and split level living areas. The sense of light and space is immediately apparent and the initial expectation of a conventional house falls away!
The central kitchen area boasts two eye level integrated ovens with an American style fridge freezer positioned in between. There is a separate 5 burner hob set into the black granite and a cleverly concealed Fisher & Paykel dishwasher, adjacent to the sink area. A stylish curved breakfast bar area adjacent connects the sunken Sitting Room with its wall-mounted fire, vaulted ceiling and tri-fold doors to the Conservatory, beyond which is the large Games room. The open plan circular layout is balanced nicely by the separate fitted study, cosy Snug Room with its inglenook fireplace, formal dining room overlooking the front garden and the Utility Room opposite the Kitchen.
The original staircase leads up past a large landing window to the first floor landing. A crisp white decor and neutral carpeting create a fresh modern feel with nicely proportioned double bedrooms and beautifully fitted bath and shower rooms, all with underfloor heating. The master bedroom has double aspect windows with plenty of built in storage . The en-suite shower room adjacent has his and her sinks and a large walk in shower, whilst the family bathroom boasts a feature bath accessed by steps and a heated towel rail with built in TV.
Overdale is a truly unique home and buyers will not fail to be impressed with the quality and finish and the great lifestyle choices it has to offer. View more View less
- £1,895,000 5 bed detached house for sale Long Reach, West Horsley, Leatherhead, Surrey KT24
- £1,750,000 6 bed detached house for sale Eastwick Drive, Bookham, Leatherhead, Surrey KT23