- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- Floor area 1,900 sq. ft
- Wonderfully Unique and Stunningly Presented Three/Four Bedroom Malthouse
- Set in Former Quarry in a Select Group Of Properties
- 1,900 sq ft of Spacious and Flexible Accommodation Arranged Over Three Floors
- Stunning Master Bedroom Suite with Copper Roll-Top Bath and Sink
- Wonderful Rural Location Yet Close to Maidstone Town Facilities
- 30â7â (9.32m) Kitchen/Dining Room, 15â0â x 14â2â (4.57m x 4.32m) Sitting Room
- Car Port and Garage
- Courtyard to Rear
- Internal Viewing Highly Recommended
Description A luxuriously appointed Grade II Listed three storey malthouse found in a former quarry in Boughton Monchelsea just outside the popular shopping town of Maidstone.
Dating back to a believed 1800âs and subsequently converted in the 1970âs, this property was believed to be part of the drying kiln for the malthouse which this home is part of. The house sits in a secluded position within a small group of properties in a former stone quarry and has been substantially updated in recent times to create a wonderfully presented and contemporary stylish home that you see today.
On arriving to a shared shingle driveway you are struck by the honey coloured ragstone walls of the malthouse that glow in the sun. On entering, you are greeted by a 30â7â (9.32m) long kitchen/dining room with access to both the rear courtyard and car port/garage. To the first floor there is a landing adorned with oak that leads to a spacious sitting room, two bedrooms and a contemporary shower room. A staircase leads you to what is currently used as a full master suite with a beautiful en-suite bathroom featuring a copper roll top bath and sink. In addition there is another room currently used as a dressing room which could easily be used as a fourth bedroom.
Outside to the rear there is a private small split level courtyard siding on to the rock quarry wall, a real sun trap.
The property is situated in a conservation area in a most beautiful part of the Kent countryside in the popular village of Boughton Monchelsea on the ragstone ridge just a 2.7 mile drive to Maidstone town centre.
Maidstone offers a wide variety of shopping facilities, entertainment and rail transport connections to London along with junction 8 of the M20 motorway offering vehicular access to London and the coast approximately 6 miles away.
Kitchen/Dining Room: 30â7â x 8â11â (9.32m x 2.72m)
Car Port: 18â1â x 8â9â (5.51m x 2.67m)
Garage: 18â1â x 8â9â (5.51m x 2.67m)
Sitting Room: 15â0â x 14â2â (4.57m x 4.32m)
Bedroom: 15â2â x 8â8â (4.62m x 2.64m)
Bedroom: 11â1â x 9â3â (3.38m x 2.82m)
Bedroom 1: 19â4â x 19â5â (5.89m x 5.92m) at largest
15â7â x 11â1â (4.75m x 3.38m) into eaves
Bathroom: 14â10â x 8â9â (4.52m x 2.67m) into eaves View more View less
- £535,000 4 bed detached house for sale Briar Fields, Weavering, Maidstone, Kent ME14
- £500,000 4 bed property for sale "The Walberswick" at Green Lane, Boughton Monchelsea, Maidstone ME17
- £500,000 4 bed property for sale Rushmead Drive, Maidstone, Kent ME15
- £500,000 4 bed detached house for sale Rushmead Drive, Maidstone, Kent ME15
- £540,000 4 bed detached house for sale Marlview, Heath Road, Boughton Monchelsea, Maidstone ME17
- £550,000 4 bed detached house for sale Pear Tree Lane, Loose, Maidstone ME15
- £550,000 4 bed detached house for sale Carmans Close, Loose, Maidstone, Kent ME15
- £525,000 5 bed detached house for sale River View, Maidstone, Kent ME15
- £550,000 4 bed detached house for sale Bargrove Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14