- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- Period features
- Stunning vaulted drawing room
- Dining room
- Kitchen | Breakfast room
- Four bedrooms, one with en suite bathroom
- Two family bathrooms
- Secluded garden and small adjoining field, in all 0.4 acres
- Double garage
Description This stunning barn conversion dates back to the 17th Century, and offers over 3000 sq ft of accommodation (including the garage) which showcases it character features, including original beams, ironmongery and vaulted ceilings. Of particular note is the fabulous 30ft main drawing room with brick chimney reaching the ceiling, housing a warming log burner; a magical setting for Christmas or cosy winter nights. Alternatively fabulous for summer entertaining by opening up the French doors to allow easy flow between inside and out. Also on the ground floor is a generous dining room, currently a study fitted out with Neville Johnson furniture; a wonderful spot to work from home (wfh) with the French doors opens to the garden and the benefits of superfast fibre Broadband. In addition there is a well equipped kitchen (double ovens, hob, fitted fridge, dishwasher and double sinks) with back door leading out to the garden. Along a wing of their own are two double bedrooms and a family bathroom. A curved feature stairway leads from the drawing room to the Minstrelâs Gallery which overlooks the fireplace and seating area of the drawing room. On the first floor is the master suite with en suite bathroom and a further double bedroom with adjacent bathroom. The en suite bathroom has a shower and large storage cupboard, as well as an airing cupboard.
Surrounded by outstanding natural beauty and conservation land, the barn is situated in the village of Normandy, with Pirbright just up the road providing the quintessential British setting with a green, duck pond, and two award-winning gastro pubs. Excellent Cricket and Tennis Clubs and an abundance of superb countryside makes this barn ideal for healthy living and country pursuits such as walking, cycling and riding. Several golf courses are within easy reach.
Close by the historic town of Guildford with its cobbled streets is a mecca for retail therapy, including House of Fraser, Waitrose and all good designer shops. Eating out and fine dining offer a fantastic range of culinary choices, including The Ivy, Thai Terrace and The March Hare. Sport facilities, together with theatre and live music are also a big feature within the town. A visit to the castle is also must, dating back to 1066.
Approached by its own shingle driveway from the lane, you draw up to the house in front of the double garage. The front garden area is low maintenance with lawn, a stunning feature tree and a Mulberry tree. To the rear there is a secluded and private formal garden, with expansive flat lawn and newly fitted slate patio. Through a gate to the right of the lawn you access a large field, also owned by the property, which would lend itself to growing vegetables, keeping bees, chickens or ducks. In essence, this property is for the homeowner wishing to live the country idyl with the benefits of easy access to London. View more View less
- £1,275,000 4 bed detached house for sale Poyle Road, Tongham, Farnham GU10
- £1,250,000 4 bed property for sale Worplesdon, Guildford, Surrey GU3
- £1,395,000 4 bed detached house for sale Liddington Hall Drive, Guildford, Surrey GU3
- £1,200,000 4 bed property for sale School Lane, Puttenham, Guildford GU3
- £1,350,000 5 bed detached house for sale Pirbright, Woking, Surrey GU24
- £1,350,000 5 bed detached house for sale Puttenham Hill, Puttenham, Guildford, Surrey GU3
- £1,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale Puttenham Heath Road, Puttenham, Guildford, Surrey GU3
- £1,375,000 5 bed detached house for sale Guildford Road, Normandy, Guildford, Surrey GU3
- £1,150,000 4 bed detached house for sale The Street, Puttenham, Guildford, Surrey GU3