4 bed country house for sale in Hawthorns, Bramley RG26
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- An extended Edwardian village home
- A particularly spacious ground floor
- 2/3 reception rooms and kitchen/breakfast room
- 4/5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- South facing garden
- Garage and off-road parking
- High ceilings and open fireplaces
Description Randalls Residential Estate Agents. A spacious Edwardian village home with south facing garden, garage and ample parking. Flexible accommodation with 2 ground floor bedrooms. Located in the heart of the village.
Reception hall, sitting room, dining room, study/bedroom 5, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom, four bedrooms, bathroom, shower room, detached garage with utility room, south-facing garden, ample parking. EPC Band C
Basingstoke 7 miles
Reading 12 miles
M3 (j 6) 7 miles
London Waterloo from Bramley from 69 minutes
London Paddington from Bramley from 50 minutes
Hawthorns is situated in the centre of this popular Hampshire village. Located some 6 miles to the north of Basingstoke, Bramley has a primary school, a local shop, a bakery a public house and a branch line railway station all within an easy and short walk of the property. There is good access to the A33 which provides easy access to the M3 and M4 at Basingstoke and Reading respectively, and both these larger towns offer a comprehensive range of leisure, educational and recreational facilities, Basingstoke has a station for Waterloo and Reading a station for Paddington.
Formerly forming part of the village bakery, and believed to date from 1914, Hawthorns has been sympathetically modernised and thoughtfully extended by the current owners and now offers comfortable family accommodation of great character and charm. It is surprisingly spacious, especially on the ground floor, with accommodation extending to about 2254 sq.ft in total, with lovely high ceilings and many of the rooms enjoying a southerly outlook over its rear garden. Unusually for such a centrally located property, it also benefits from good off-road parking.
On the ground floor, the front door opens to the reception hall from which the staircase rises to the first-floor landing, with cloakroom off. The sitting room has an open fireplace and there is a large opening to the dual aspect dining room with two sets of French doors opening to the garden. The kitchen/breakfast room has a log-burning stove and has a door to the hall and a large opening to the dining room, and there is a pantry. There are two double bedrooms on the ground floor and a bathroom as well as a study/fifth bedroom.
On the first floor, there are two further double bedrooms and a shower room.
For further details, please refer to the floorplan.
To the front, the garden is enclosed by a brick wall and is laid to lawn with flower beds. There is a dedicated parking space for one car to the front.
To the rear, the garden enjoys a southerly aspect. It is level and laid primarily to lawn and is fully enclosed by panel fencing. There is an area of decking outside the French doors, and there are shrubs and flower beds. To one side is the detached brick-built garage with a utility room and there is driveway providing further parking accessed from Coopers Lane.
All mains services are connected. Gas central heating.
Basingstoke and Deane
Strictly by prior appointment through Randalls Residential on Directions RG26 5BT
Leave Basingstoke in a northerly direction along the A33 signposted towards Reading. On reaching the roundabout on the edge of Sherfield on Loddon, take the first exit and then, at the staggered crossroads, turn left and then immediately right towards Bramley. On reaching Bramley, continue to the centre and the property is on the left-hand side just after the station. View more View less
- £550,000 4 bed detached house for sale Aurum Green, Crockford Lane, Chineham, Hampshire RG24
- £535,000 4 bed detached house for sale Clere Gardens, Chineham, Basingstoke RG24
- £575,000 4 bed detached house for sale Bramley Green Road, Bramley, Tadley RG26
- £550,000 5 bed detached house for sale Minden Close, Chineham, Basingstoke RG24
- £555,000 5 bed property for sale Rockbourne Road, Sherfield-On-Loddon, Hook RG27
- £585,000 4 bed bungalow for sale Soke Road, Silchester RG7
- £505,000 4 bed detached house for sale "The Mayfair" at Minchens Lane, Bramley, Tadley RG26
- £500,000 4 bed detached house for sale The Smithy, Bramley, Tadley, Hampshire RG26
- £500,000 4 bed detached house for sale Chineham, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24