3 bed terraced house for sale in Petworth Road, Witley, Godalming, Surrey GU8
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 2 reception rooms
- Three bedrooms
- Living/dining room
- Central village location
- Total of 1167 sq ft/ 108.4 sq m
Description This characterful Victorian cottage enjoys a convenient setting close to the heart of Witley village. Jasmine Cottage is believed to have been built circa 1860 and is constructed in the traditional Tudor revival style, with half-timbered and half rendered elevations, leaded windows and a pitched roof with imposing chimneys.
The property occupies the middle portion of the attractive terrace, once a larger residence and now converted into three absolutely charming cottages. The accommodation within is configured over three floors and benefits from generously sized rooms with high ceilings and a fabulous array of period features, such as wooden floors, ornate fireplaces, wall panel detailing and exposed beams. On the ground floor, an entrance hall leads to a bay-fronted reception room (currently used as a dining room), and a separate country-style kitchen. The old pantry now accommodates a bathroom with free standing roll top Victorian style bath.
On the first floor there are two good size double bedrooms, with the main bedroom at the front (currently used as an additional sitting room) and the other bedroom being used as a home office. On the second floor is a spacious bedroom with delightful views over the village and countryside and an eaves storage cupboard and useful size loft area. The vendors have explored the possibility of giving this room an en-suite, and it is believed that a sizeable shower-room would be easily achieved.
Witley is a picturesque village in west Surrey with many historical features including a Saxon Church and the 16th-century White Hart Inn. There are a series of footpaths and bridleways immediately at hand with access to excellent walking and riding country. In the village there is a Post Office and general store, doctor and dental surgeries, and infant and junior schools. Witley mainline station serves Waterloo in under the hour. A wider range of amenities can be found in the neighbouring village of Milford (1.5 miles), including Tesco Express and Secretts Farm Shop. Milford also has a mainline station and provides access onto the A3 London to Portsmouth road.
The cottage is set well back from the road behind a pretty front garden in which stands the original decorative old well and a brick path to the front door. The rear courtyard style garden is raised and planted with a variety of mature shrubs, it feels secluded and backs onto beautiful gardens of The Old Vicarage. Parking is available at the village hall by separate agreement, or on the nearby streets. There is ample space for a motorcycle or storage for bicycles.
Services: All main services connected.
Local authority: Waverley Borough Council
Council tax: Band E View more View less
- £450,000 3 bed link-detached house for sale Foxwood Close, Wormley GU8
- £425,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Coopers Rise, Godalming GU7
- £485,000 3 bed detached house for sale Portsmouth Road, Milford, Surrey GU8
- £475,000 4 bed property for sale Primrose Place, Portsmouth Road, Godalming GU7
- £500,000 3 bed bungalow for sale Milford, Surrey GU8
- £400,000 3 bed property for sale Portsmouth Road, Milford, Godalming GU8
- £500,000 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Jessimine Cottages, Woodside Road, Chiddingfold, Godalming, Surrey GU8
- £499,999 3 bed semi-detached house for sale Water Meadow Place, Shackleford Road, Elstead, Surrey GU8
- £420,000 3 bed terraced house for sale Eashing Lane, Godalming GU7