5 bed property for sale in Little Mount Sion, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1
- 5 bedrooms
- Unique and interesting period property
- Four/five bedrooms
- In the heart of the 'Village' within sight of The Grove park
- High Street, Pantiles, Station and Common within 0.2 miles
- Residents' parking permits available
- Claremont School about 0.4 miles
Description A deceptively spacious Grade II Listed home of great character, located in the heart of Tunbridge Wells' highly desirable 'Village' area
The âVillageâ area of Tunbridge Wells is a highly desirable network of roads, brick-paved paths and cobbled passageways set on a hill above the High Street and close to the famous Pantiles. Its whitewashed and tile-hung buildings comprise the original commercial hub of the town, ranging from artisans cottages and former shops to grander residences. Mostly residential today, this convenient location offers proximity to shops, the Common, several of Tunbridge Wellsâ green spaces and the station, with the Royal Victoria Place shopping centre just over half a mile on foot at the top end of town.
36 Little Mount Sion also benefits from its easy access to The Grove, one of Tunbridge Wellsâ many open spaces, The Grove is a well-maintained and popular wooded park criss-crossed by footpaths and with plenty of seating, grassed areas and a childrenâs playground.
Mainline rail: Tunbridge Wells (about a third of a mile) with services to Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street.
Services: Mains gas, water, electricity and drainage.
This unique pre-Georgian townhouse, Grade II Listed and believed to date 1699, occupies a prominent corner position in a prime Tunbridge Wells location. Arranged over four floors, the property is packed with character and period features and offers the option to balance bedroom space with living space to suit differing requirements.
The current owner has a charming living room on the first floor in addition to the generous split level sitting / dining room. The master bedroom features wonderful panelling, thought to be original, and two further double bedrooms on the second floor.
Hidden away at the top of the house is an impressive double bedroom with a spacious en suite with pedestal bath and rooftop views across town.
With plenty of nooks and hidden storage areas, and a walled courtyard garden with access to Little Mount Sion, this historic property is a real gem.
Square Footage: 1835 sq ft
Just 150 yards from Savillsâ office, walk up the cobbled Warwick Road beside our office in the High Street. Continue ahead on Little Mount Sion and No. 36 will be found a little distance further on the right, just beyond Belgrove, which gives access to The Grove. View more View less
- £825,000 5 bed semi-detached house for sale Princes Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2
- £825,000 5 bed detached house for sale Holden Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells TN4
- £827,500 5 bed detached house for sale Cornford Close, Pembury, Tunbridge Wells TN2
- £850,000 5 bed detached house for sale Clarendon Way, Tunbridge Wells TN2
- £875,000 5 bed detached house for sale Newlands Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4
- £765,000 5 bed semi-detached house for sale Forest Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2
- £895,000 5 bed terraced house for sale Guildford Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1.
- £900,000 5 bed detached house for sale Malton Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2
- £725,000 5 bed detached house for sale Powder Mill Lane, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4