5 bed semi-detached house for sale in Wilman Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4
- 5 bedrooms
- An attractive family home in this popular & convenient residential area
- Ideally placed for well regarded primary & secondary schools in the area, including Kent grammars
- Convenient proximity to the town centre and stations
- Five bedrooms, two shower rooms and family bathroom
- Impressive kitchen/diner/family room opening to large entertaining terrace & garden
- Driveway parking
Description A sizeable and stylish 5 bedroom semi-detached house in the St Johnâs area, ideally placed for the grammar schools and amenities of the town.
Tunbridge Wells is the only spa town in the Southeast of England, with elegant architecture and a variety of cultural, entertainment and shopping attractions, including the Chalybeate Spring, two theatres, cafÃ©s and restaurants and a mixture of national multiple retailers and independent shops.
Wilman Road is located on the North side of the town, just over a mile from the main shopping centre and within 1.5 miles of the High Street and mainline stations.
State and Private Schools: There are many highly-regarded schools in the vicinity, including Skinners, twggs, twgsb, St Johnâs ce primary, Bennett Memorial Diocesan and St Gregoryâs secondaries all within a mile of the property.
Mainline rail: High Brooms (about 0.8 miles) and Tunbridge Wells (about 1.5 miles), with fast and frequent services to London Charing Cross (via London Bridge and Waterloo East) and Cannon Street with journey times from 50 minutes.
Communications: The A26 joins the A21 just North of the town, linking through to the M25 (junction 5) London orbital motorway, and thereby to the national motorway network, and to the South coast. Gatwick Airport is about 23 miles to the West, accessible via the motorway or via the A264.
42 Wilman Road was constructed in the 1930s and has been extended and further updated in recent years by the current owners to create a handsome looking house and a light, spacious, stylish and comfortable family home inside. Character features include high ceilings, picture rails and panelled wood internal doors which are complemented by a high standard of presentation throughout with modern fittings and finishes.
Of particular note is the rear extension which has created a stunning open-plan space ideal for modern family living and entertaining, incorporating a high-gloss kitchen, a dining area with bi-fold doors to the garden and a family room. There is also a formal sitting room to the front of the house with attractive bay window and feature fireplace, offering further reception space.
A large double bedroom and jack and jill shower room have been created on the ground floor offering further useful flexibility for the house to be configured to suit individual needs. The generous first floor enjoys four good-sized bedrooms, shower room and a family bathroom.
Outside - The property is approached over a brick-paved driveway providing off-street parking for several cars. A path leads down the side of the house through a close-boarded gate to the rear garden.
The attractive, established rear garden is of a good size with a paved terrace immediately to the back of the house and steps down to a level area of lawn, ideal for entertaining and child's play. Mature planting to the borders provides good levels of privacy as well as year-round colour and interest.
Square Footage: 2377 sq ft
Post code - TN4 9AP. From central Tunbridge Wells, proceed North onto the A26. Pass St Johnâs Church on your right and, having reached The Skinnersâ School a few hundred yards further on, take the third turning on your right into New England Road. Turn left at the end into Wilman Road and number 42 will be found after some 180 yards on the right-hand side. View more View less
- £895,000 5 bed terraced house for sale Guildford Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1.
- £900,000 5 bed detached house for sale Malton Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN2
- £900,000 5 bed detached house for sale Courtenwell, Speldhurst Road, Langton Green, Tunbridge Wells TN3
- £875,000 5 bed detached house for sale Newlands Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4
- £875,000 5 bed end terrace house for sale Mill Court, Bidborough, Tunbridge Wells TN3
- £925,000 5 bed detached house for sale Yew Tree Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4
- £850,000 5 bed detached house for sale Clarendon Way, Tunbridge Wells TN2
- £950,000 5 bed detached house for sale Pembury Road, Tunbridge Wells TN2
- £825,000 5 bed detached house for sale Holden Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells TN4