4 bed property for sale in The Street, Plaistow, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14
- 4 bedrooms
- Traditional Sussex style period house
- Central village location
- Flexible living accommodation
- Period features throughout
- Home office
- Mature garden
Description Characterful village house
Plaistow is a pretty West Sussex village and offers The Sun Inn public house, a village shop, church, primary school, tennis court, and a thriving local community.
A good range of shops and services for daily needs are available in nearby Cranleigh and Haslemere, which also offers a main line connection to London Waterloo from 49 minutes. More extensive shopping, leisure, and cultural amenities are available in Guildford.
The area is well served with good schools, including Plaistow and Kirdford primary school, Cranleigh, Guildford Royal Grammar School, Charterhouse and Seaford College.
Recreational opportunities include golf at Chiddingfold, racing at Goodwood, polo at Cowdray Park and sailing at Chichester Harbour. In addition, there is an abundance of footpaths and bridleways within easy reach
Old Chapel House is situated in the heart of the village and represents a charming Grade II listed character house with period features throughout. Built in the traditional Sussex style, the property has an attractive faÃ§ade with gothic style windows and half clay tiled hung elevations. The accommodation is well laid out and offers flexible accommodation which would be ideally suited for family living, entertaining guests and offers ample space to work from home.
The reception hall leads to a spacious dual aspect drawing room with brick fireplace, a door to the front of the house and an adjoining study. The kitchen/breakfast room is well equipped and has a central island and French doors on to the garden. A sitting room and play room/bedroom 4 is a useful space with a range of possibilities and these light rooms benefit from views to the garden. The downstairs accommodation is completed with a cloakroom and a shower room.
To the first floor is a spacious master bedroom with eaves storage and own staircase down to the sitting room. There are two further bedrooms a family bathroom.
The mature gardens are private and have been well looked after over the years, planted with a section of mature shrubs and exotic trees. There is an outbuilding in the garden with power and light which is currently presented as a home office and the property benefits from parking for two cars.
Square Footage: 2040 sq ft View more View less
- POA 4 bed detached house for sale The Drive, Ifold, Loxwood, West Sussex RH14
- £850,000 4 bed detached house for sale Plaistow, West Sussex RH14
- £799,950 4 bed detached house for sale The Drive, Ifold, Loxwood RH14
- £850,000 4 bed property for sale Guildford Road, Loxwood, Billingshurst RH14
- £800,000 4 bed detached house for sale Pond Close, Loxwood, West Sussex RH14
- £850,000 5 bed detached house for sale The Drive, Ifold RH14
- £750,000 4 bed detached house for sale Wrotham Hill, Dunsfold GU8
- £750,000 4 bed detached house for sale "The Alfold Pebworth" at Sachel Court Drive, Alfold, Cranleigh GU6
- £875,000 5 bed detached house for sale Ifold, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14