- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Grade II listed property with Tudor origins
- A desirable, tranquil rural position
- Exclusive picturesque setting of just five houses, on a quiet no-through lane
- Wealth of retained character features
- Impressive views of open farmland
- Private, enclosed walled 1/4 acre plot with south facing gardens
- Double garage and private drive
- Drawing room, sitting room, dining room
- Kitchen/breakfast room and downstairs cloakroom
- Four double bedrooms with two en suites
Description *stamp duty holiday - find out what you can save*
the property This unique detached country residence presents an opportunity rarely available. Situated in a tranquil location on the fringes of a desirable village (yet only an 8 minute walk to a village pub and, 8 minute drive to Hook railway station, gp and supermarket) with stunning countryside views and miles of footpaths and scenic walks right from the door..
Originally part of The Old House farm buildings, this Grade II listed property retains a wealth of original character features and offers good sized, light filled and well-proportioned rooms (many double-aspect) and sizeable living space. There is scope for further development subject to the necessary consents.
The residence consists of a welcoming porch and reception hall leading into the home with stairs to the first floor. A substantial double aspect drawing room with a cast iron fireplace with marble surround and a door out to an outdoor seating area and the garden. A well-appointed double aspect kitchen/breakfast room offers a generous range of units, with quality granite work surfaces and a central island, plus an Aga. A good sized dining room with serving hatch to the kitchen. A double aspect sitting room extends in excess of 17ft, with a welcoming log burning stove.
An inner hallway leads to a characterful cloakroom and a large, versatile ground floor double aspect bedroom with wood burner and en-suite. Upstairs, a second, double aspect bedroom offers similarly generous proportions, vaulted with beams, including a three piece en suite with a shower. A third double bedroom offers a vaulted front-to-back bedroom with an exposed brick feature wall, whilst there is also a fourth double bedroom with double aspect. A family bathroom further serves two of the bedrooms
the grounds Enclosed walled 1/4 acre plot and south facing gardens offers privacy and seclusion, a substantial expanse of lawn, studded with mature trees, featuring a Magnolia, cherry blossoms and various fruit trees. The patio area is ideal for al fresco dining and strategically placed to watch the sunset
location Set along the fringes of the rural village of Rotherwick; a well-preserved village, swathed with countryside and famed for the village hall, two village country pubs and a grand manor house hotel, Tylney Hall. There is a local golf course, recreational fields (cricket, rugby / football) and childrens' play area, reputable Whitewater Primary School and numerous community events. It is in walking distance of Hook, which provides amenities and a mainline station with services to London. The A30 and M3 provide excellent commuter links
agent's note Please be advised that this property has oil fired central heating and private drainage. All details should be verified by the purchasing solicitor prior to the exchange of contracts.
Vendor comment "The location is a well-kept secret and peaceful oasis, free of light and sound pollution and encroachment from developers (which is very rare these days), where you wake in the morning to nothing but bird song, surrounded by miles of beautiful and diverse country walks right from your gate and go to bed hearing the owls and seeing the moon and (shooting) stars shining brightly.
It will be near impossible to replicate this haven which I have been very privileged to enjoy for the last 24 years. If I could lift Stable Cottage up and take her with me, I would in a heartbeat." View more View less
- £1,050,000 4 bed detached house for sale Newnham Green, Newnham, Hook, Hampshire RG27
- £1,095,000 5 bed detached house for sale The Street, Rotherwick, Hook, Hampshire RG27
- £1,175,000 4 bed detached house for sale Vicarage Lane, Hound Green, Hook RG27
- £950,000 4 bed detached house for sale Paynes Hall, Old Basing, Basingstoke RG24
- £1,000,000 5 bed detached house for sale London Road, Hartley Wintney, Hook RG27
- £1,250,000 5 bed detached house for sale Little Paddock, Goddards Lane, Sherfield On Loddon RG27